Chapter 6: The meeting with the codex

"May we begin?",the girl with tge same appearance and voice as Warisha asked. She was looking Warisha dead in the eye. "Who are you?", Warisha asked. "Hmmm....you forgot me? You seemed pretty confident ordering me around though. Well I'll save the energy...I am the codex you all were fighting over. You are talking to a human image of me which I created using you.", the codex replied. "The codex of Amarantha, I thought it was just a book...", Warisha said. "I have the ability to hear your commands. It shouldn't be surprising to see that I have a mind and soul of .y own", the codex replied. "Let's see the overall result of the battle that just happened a few moments ago", the codex said. She swiped one hand in the air and the terrain changed showing scenes from the battle with Fafnir. "So the dragon attacked, you fought well. You saved one girl who you hated deeply. And an unknown boy. Total 93 people died in the battle including 47 soldiers and the rest were civilians. Include the chief's son it count as 94 total deaths. I'm merciful because I'm not increasing the death count to 95",the codex said as she showed Warisha the images from the battle and the town. "You'll kill someone?",Warisha asked. "You're a total gold fish brain. Seems you have forgotten quite early", the codex swiped the fog again and showed Warisha falling down." You are falling down to death Warisha",the codex said in a deep calm tone. "Eh? Then this? What is this if it isn't my real body?", Warisha asked confused."This....is your consciousness, in other words your soul is inside me at the moment. The time here moves extremely fast. 10 minutes count as your world's 1 second. It'll take you about 11 secs of your time to fall to the ground, so we have about 110 minutes to make a deal",The codex said. "Deal?",Warisha asked tilting her head a bit confused. "I'll save your life if you fulfill some simple conditions", the codex said. "No need....Leo is dead. I wasn't able to save a single person without the codex, without your help. Let me die as a martyr", Warisha said as a few years went flowing down her cheeks. "You're overly dramatic. If you fulfill the conditions, I'll grant you more than enough power to bring people back to life",the codex said. Warisha quickly looked up at her face her eyes seemed as thoughts were running all around in her head. "What.....are those conditions?",Warisha asked. "You need to gather energy...I am a fraction of the all powerful being known as 'Amarantha'. I need energy in order to multiply my strength and a body to use as a host to give it the form and strength of Amarantha. The form called Amarantha is the only being that can bring Leo back to life", the codex said and grinned. "You regret not telling him about your feelings don't you?",the codex added. "Use my body!",Warisha said without even wasting a second. "But I don't know where we'll find the 'energy' you're talking about", she added. "My creator is Theo the angel of creation and prayers. The God have 4 other angels besides him. Ashlyn the angel of strength and beauty, Stella the angel of emotions, Uwair the angel of time and speed, and Abaddon the angel of darkness and shadows. If you kill these four, I'll gather their life energy and transform you. There's no way except this to do the deed. Also the day you transform, you'll need to make a sacrifice of the most beautiful girl of the time",the codex said. "The angels are...extremely strong aren't they?",Warisha asked."Yes but.....by only using your body and my strength. I can transform you into an eight times weaker version of Amarantha for about 4-5 hours. That will be enough to kill one angel. Stella is the weakest out of all. The angels come in a cycle on Earth. Beginning from the weakest to the strongest. Ashlyn came just now. Next is Stella. She'll be here after 7 years and 3 months from now. We have a deal then. I'll keep contacting you through your mind", the codex said. "And yes, you'll need a body to bring someone back to life. The owner of the body must have the emotion of regret in him before dying. Luckily Leo here had it. He regretted not being strong enough", the codex added. Warisha started to fade away.
She quickly opened her eyes. She was on the ground laying unscathed facing the sky. She got up. She rubbed her eyes a bit. They still had a fading purple hue in them. Soon enough they turned back to the normal red agate eyes she had. She looked around. There was a purple shield around Leo's and Juliana's bodies. The rest of the town was totally devastated. There were layered marks on the ground. Like meteors fell from the sky. Not even a shard of the dragon was left. "Store Leo's body", she mumbled quietly as his body faded away. "About Juliana....how do u think we'll store her body?", Warisha asked. "Inside the codex's prison. You won't feel any urges and you won't age",the codex replied. "Well then, take my sacrifice to the prison",Warisha said. She stood up and walked away towards the mountains in the distance. She kept walking for days and nights. Using the codex she carved a cave under a waterfall. Time passed by. Days to months, months to years. Until the time came.....
1500 BC:
"Get up she is here, in your town",the codex said. Warisha had grown up a bit. "Yeah let's go",she got up and started walking. "If I am transformed into Amarantha, I'll become immortal you say?",Warisha asked. "Yes you will become immortal for 500 years. Also the knights you create by bringing dead back to life. After every 500 years you'll have to make a sacrifice of the most beautiful girl of that time. Amarantha's weakened form is immune to weak human weapons but high grade weapons and divine weapons of angels will damage you. The full form of Amarantha is immune to all the human weapons. The only things that can damage you in the full form of Amarantha are divine weapons", the codex explained. Warisha kept quietly walking. She arrived at a mountain. The same mountain on which Theo was kept. She walked upto a considerable height. There were glowing blue flowers all around. Little blue glittering insects flying. Blue stars completely visible in the sky. There was night-time on the mountain. The town was completely visible from up there. "You ready?", the codex asked. "More than ready",Warisha replied. Theo was meditating on the top of the mountain. "Transform me into Amarantha", Warisha ordered. The codex gave out a purple aura. Warisha's dress changed into a purple spiked dress. With little gold details over it. Her eyes  changed to bright glowing amethyst. Her hair changed to a deep shade of purple. Her skin became pale and light. "Arc.....", she ordered. The codex in her hand changed into the arc. She gave off a dark aura. The flowers around her withered and melted. She took aim towards the town.
Stella was in the town. Infront of a fruit shop, she was wearing an old cloak and a matching old looking hood. Warisha opened the portals again. All the energy from the 5 behind her back combined in 1 in the front and then she released the arrow. The arrow went down towards the town. Stella saw it coming. But she soon realized. The arrow was not headed towards her. It was headed towards the people at the fruit shop. She jumped infront of the people. The arrow hitted her and a blast occurred. None of the people were harmed. The dust was rising. Warisha brought her bow down and it faded. "Transform m-",she was ordering but suddenly stopped. "You really got me there by surprise. This saves my energy of finding you. I am here to retrieve the codex and bury it under the earth",Stella spoke from behind her. A blue armor, and a dragon shaped bow, she had on her. Her blue eyes fixed upon Warisha. 'She didn't die? Even though I hitted her right. She should've been dead. I'm using a divine weapon afterall. Or is this a trick',Warisha thought. Stella lifted her bow and fired an attack similar to Warisha's but blue in colour. "Seems Theo used my attacks as a basis for your bow. Too sad, original ones of mine are stronger than your fake ones",Stella said. Warisha twisted to the side to dodge. Her arc changed to a wings. Dark purple wings. She got up to a higher rock, switched back to the arc and fired countless attacks at Stella. She tried to dodge, but got hit by a few. One passed through her neck. She fell to the ground but a blue light came and she got back up. All her injuries were healed. 'This is bad. Even though her attacks seem similar to mine. They are stronger. Did Theo combined my attacks appearance and Ashlyn's strength to produce these attacks. Whatever it is. I can revive upto 4 times. 2 I've used. That leaves me with 2 more. If she killed me thrice more. I'll die. But why is she trying to kill me?',Stella's thoughts rushed. Warisha fired arrows up in the sky. They came down raining over Stella. Dust clouds rose. An attack came piercing through the dust. Warisha fired back. Her attack pierced through Stellas's. The arrow hitted her again. 1 revival was left. She went up running towards the rock where Warisha was standing. Warisha fired another shot right at her. She took the hit and fell fown. Stella again quickly got up and jumped up. Spread her blue wings. Prepared the bow to fire at Warisha. Just as the arrow left her bow. She realized. Warisha had a purple shield around her. The attack was nullified. Warisha had already prepared the bow to fire. Just as Stella's attack got nullified. Warisha released a huge purple attack right at her. Stella fell to the ground and her bow fell down the mountain after bouncing a few times. Stella's body started to fade. She was facing the sky. Warisha walked upto her. Stella was looking at her as suddenly her eyes shooked at the sight of Theo on top of the mountain behind Warisha. He was looking down at them. Pity in his eyes. "What have you done?",Stella said. Her body faded away. Warisha noticed the direction of her gaze and looked behind her at Theo.He was standing on top of the mountain, a meteor shower behind him. Their eyes met. She realized instantly that he was a divine being. Most likely an angel. She quickly got up to there. To her surprise, Theo had not run away from her. He stood there, facing her. "Who are you?",she asked. "I.....am your creator. Theo the banished angel. I wasn't hoping for your arrival.... Amarantha",he replied calmly." One angel after another, seems it's my lucky day. I'll kill all 5 instead of 4",she said. "Kill me?....You seem to not know about how I was banished. Go on... give it a try. Try to kill me, Amarantha",Theo said. He opened his arms as if inviting an attack. 'Even if he's bluffing, this is a once in a lifetime chance. An angel is asking me to attack him. His aura tells me he's probably weaker than me. Doesn't have a weapon. I should not waste this shot',Warisha thought to herself as she lifted the arc & pointed at him. She pulled the string back, and released. A single portal attack. He wasn't even scratched. She tried hitting him from above by releasing arrows in the sky. Still no effect. She tried multiple hits, all fruitless. Frustrated, she opened all 7 portals and attacked with the huge energy shot. A huge blast, the dust clouds settled down. Theo stood there just as before, unscathed, didn't even moved an inch. "Why are you not dying? Are you immune to even  divine weapons?",Warisha shouted. "You're just as idiotic as the chief God said & it seems you haven't fully transformed. You're still just imitating Amarantha. Warisha.... I guess that's your name. The codex told you about me being banished but didn't told you about the conditions of my banishment. I am banished, and my punishment is to spend my eternal life on this mountain in isolation. Under these conditions, you or anyone can't kill me",Theo explained. "I figured it out all along, 4 of you are still enough to transform me. I don't need to waste my energy on you. You don't have a weapon on you and in terms of strength you're weaker than me, you also can't damage me. Just a weak banished angel who can't even fight back. I won't waste my energy on you anymore. You can't touch me by your conditions of banishment too, so you can't even fight me bare-handed",Warisha said calmly. She turned around and walked away. Theo looked at her as she went out of sight into the fog. He stared at the ground as his thoughts took over him. 'Thats right.....underestimate me more. But in the end, I will be the one to end you. I am your creator, I can also end you. The chief God must have some kind of plan, that is why he isn't allowing me to destroy you yet. Many people will die, that is for sure'.
Warisha descended the mountain  and entered the cave she had created. She was back to her normal self. She sat down and placed the codex on a stone beside her. "Say....",she said."....Why is the arc the strongest divine weapon?",she asked. "It's a long story ....even in the realm of Gods & angels, this is the most feared weapon. Theo's father was a divine angel. He was immortal, the first angel ever created. Haniel-the angel of creation and destruction. Haniel was blessed with eyes that could create what he thought of, and the arc that could destroy anything, including divinity. He was the Chief Angel, all the others followed him. Haniel was wise, and strong. But he committed a sin. When Haniel was sent to the human realm, he fell in love and married a human. The woman died right after giving birth to his child and he went back to the divine realm with his son, Theo. Theo had inherited his father's eyes, but he had also inherited his mother's mortality. Due to the sin of killing a human woman by making her bear a divine child, the chief God decided to put an end to Haniel. Theo's mother was a relegious woman. Theo was thus granted the rank of the angel of creation and prayers. He is a divine mortal. The arc which his father used to destroy many other races, he used it to create me", the codex told the entire story. They continued talking as the darkness of night took over completely.
The realm of angels:
"Who killed Stella?",Ashlyn asked while slamming at the table in front of her. The other two angels remained calm. Uwair spoke calmly," It's probably a divine weapon user. My guess is that it is the codex's user". "Don't be absurd, it can't be. Warisha was a kind hearted girl with a strong will. If she decides to do something she does it even if it means risking her life", Ashlyn said." Well even if it is true, it seems she can't control the codex fully yet. If that was the case, we would've been dead by now",Abaddon said. "We three here are clearly stronger than Stella. That petty book can't lay a scratch on us combined",Ashlyn said." You two don't seem to notice it yet. The weapon used to create the codex was the Arc of Haniel. With that weapon, even an infant can erase us. But luckily, she is only able to use a weaker version of it. About eight times weaker",Abaddon said."As long as the chief God doesn't order us, we can't act on our own. He is the wisest, he definitely have a plan. If it includes killing the killer of Stella or laying down our lives for it we will have to do it",Ashlyn said. "For now let's just hope we don't have to face the user of the arc",Abaddon said. They all continued to talk in silence as their voices echoed around the huge hall room.

To be continued...

{Author's note: Theo have bright purple eyes. The codex is a weapon which requires a strong emotion to work. In Warisha's case, it was the emotion of regret.}
[Thanks for reading guys!!! I hope you'll be able to forgive the mistakes I've made while typing.
Deeply sorry for that. And if you have any confusion relating the story drop down a comment right there haha and yes I'll do a Q/A chapter soon so drop your questions, I'll try to answer all of them. See ya at the next chapter ^^)/....]