Chapter 9: Summoning of the fire demon

A metal door creaked open as Warisha walked in the old looking containment chamber. Inside a familiar woman was sitting. On a bed hanging from the roof with the support of chains, sat Juliana. "You haven't changed a bit", Warisha spoke. Juliana looked up at her. "You look old, how long have I been here?",she asked. "Around 28 years I suppose",Warisha replied. "Why are you here now?",Juliana asked. Her voice hoarse. "Don't bother using your energy, I also don't want to see your face. It is the worst thing I can imagine seeing on a happy day like today. So....",Warisha said. Juliana looked up at Warisha's face. Her eyes were glowing a bright purple. "...I'm gonna put an end to your existence",Warisha added. Juliana's eyes widened in shock & horror. "What- What did you say?",she asked. "Take us to the altar",Warisha ordered. The background changed in a split second. Both of them were standing in front of a huge altar blade. Juliana's eyes scanned through the whole place before setting into the blade of the altar. It was huge, held up in place with a chain. Her dress suddenly started to glow as she started to move by herself. "Stop it....Stop it! Stop !",she started to scream louder and louder at every step she took closer to the altar. "Leave me! Let me go! No! don't kill me!", she said as tears started to roll down her eyes. She placed her head over the slot, the blade was supposed to fit in after falling. "I don't want to die! Leave me! Stop!",she said as tears streamed down and fell on the dry wood of the altar base. The chain loosened on it's on. Chuck. With one chopping noise, it all went silent. The blood dropping from the altar faded along with the body of Juliana. Warisha faded along with everything else.

She opened her eyes, she was in the foggy field of the codex. "Now  command", the codex's voice echoed in the entire most covered terrain. "I......gave You enough power, I sacrificed the most beautiful girl of this time. I fulfilled every condition", Warisha spoke. Theo on his mountain while casting spells stopped midway as Warisha's voice echoed in his ears. "I offer my body as a host, I'll carry the codex's strength inside me till eternity, I will....become the Unfading Amarantha", Warisha spoke. The mist around her started to circle her like she was in the eye of a storm. "Very well, I heed your command. I will grant you the power. You'll be immortal for 500 years. After that duration you'll have to sacrifice the most beautiful of the time or the contract will break. If that happens you'll die", the codex's voice echoed as the most slowly changed to purple in colour and covered Warisha completely. Then it faded. Leaving a small figure visible from the distance. A strong shockwave of purple energy radiated from the being. Her eyes glowing purple. Her hair dark purple. Her dress amethyst with gold details. Semi-transparent dark purple wings on her back. Her skin extremely pale as if blood drained out of it. She stood there, surrounded by a dark aura. "The arc", she ordered as the wings faded and the crystal bow radiating a purple glow appeared in her hand. She took aim towards a distant mountain. She pulled the string back and an arrow made out of pure energy formed. She released it. The arrow gave out energy as it passed from over the ground. Creating a deep scar on the ground it passed above from. As it travelled and hitted the target. Took a few seconds for the blast to appear. As the shockwave travelled all the way back to her, blowing her purple hair backwards. The arc faded from her hand as soon as she let her hand loose. "Ok.....", she inhaled and then exhaled. "...release Leo's soul",she commanded as a faint green pattern appeared on the ground and Leo appeared in the middle of the pattern. Kneeling down. "Bring him back to life", she ordered as his body moved like it was hot by something from behind and he fell to the ground as the pattern faded completely. He opened his eyes slowly. Same blue orbs. "Wh-Where am I?....",he spoke. His voice cold as ever. Amarantha broke into tears upon seeing him speak again. "Leo....you're with me. Warisha, the town's guardian",she spoke in a crying voice. "It's all blurry in my head", he spoke as he sat up placing a hand on his head. "Iwas fighting this dragon which attacked my hometown & then it threw me really high and I fell down....", he kept speaking as suddenly his eyes went wide as if he had gone through the biggest realization of his life.  "...I died, didn't I?", he said with a wavering voice. "Who are you? Where is this place?", Leo asked turning to Amarantha. "You don't remember me?", Amarantha asked shocked. "I don't think so.....I used to protect the town alone with my guards. I don't know anyone named Warisha",he spoke. "I revived you...", she said and trailed off as Leo started to stand up. "I'm sorry, my town is under attack & I have to go protect it. Tell me the way to kýklos", he said. "The town isn't there anymore.....it's been 28 years...."she said. "28 years for what?",he asked. "....since You died", she added. There was a moment of silence between the two. "And what about my fiànce? Juliana? She was in my town too", Leo asked. "She's also.....dead", Amarantha said looking down breaking the eye contact with Leo. "...then Why did you revive me?", Leo said. "Just to tell you that......", she added. "Tell me what!!??", Leo shouted angrily. "...that I love you", she finished the statement. "Listen here, I am engaged already. You say you've revived me and I believe you cause I remember my death. But did you revive me just so you could tell me that you loved me? Did you never think about what would happen after I came back to life?",he spoke as he took a few steps forward towards her. "What is the point of me living if my town & all my loved ones are no longer here? Do you want me to suffer that badly? I won't live my life alone!",he was speaking every word at her face. "You're not alone, I'm with you!",she said. "I'd rather die than spend my life with you",Leo said deeply as he stared right into her eyes. She went silent as he started to walk away. He walked a few meters as he heard a voice from behind him. "I gave up everything for you! My family, my town, my humanity, everything! And now you just come to me and tell me that you are not a bit grateful that I gave you a new life? You're not a human, you can't be a human. You're a demon!", she shouted. Leo continued walking, ignoring her speech. Then his body froze as he heard a voice. "In the name of Amarantha. I demand you to serve me as my knight. Your new name will be Fafnir. I'll grant you the power of capturing souls and flames. Now come forth as the first knight of Amarantha!", she commanded. His body started to shake violently as his eyes changed from blue to amethyst. Black & red horns grew out of his head. His body have out a burst of flames. His upper armor burned off and a dragon shaped mark appeared on his left arm. His bottom changed into a black dress with gold details at edges. His nails became black as he kneeled down In front of Amarantha. "Your orders, your majesty", he spoke in a cold calm demeanour.

Theo was on the mountain still working on the spells. "When you  transform into Amarantha, your human past is erased from every human's mind, dead or alive. A void is created and the person can't remember. This little lack of knowledge destroyed your reason of killing the angels. You did everything for him & stayed alive but you never got what you wanted. Now I wonder what you will do...",he said as he reached out his hand towards some flowers on his left. "...anyways this counts as one of my victories so I've got to celebrate. You must be extremely frustrated right now", he said as his hand gave out an extremely faint purple aura. After flickering a few times, the aura grew brighter and the flowers which were glowing blue, withered. The glow formed an energy ball in his hand which he threw upwards into the sky. The purple energy ball created lightning in the clouds and after passing through them it reached in the clear sky. Under the full moon, and a clear starry nightsky, it bursted into fireworks. Theo continued to laugh hysterically as Amarantha watched the fireworks from the mountain's base & heard the echoing voice of Theo's laugh. She continued to walk upwards. "You seem quite happy", she spoke from behind him. "Well if me celebrating didn't showed me being happy then I wouldn't get the meaning of fireworks in the first place", Theo said smirking. Still not turning around to see her. "Well apparently I lost the reason of why I became Amarantha. But it isn't like my knight won't follow my order",she spoke in a calm, gentle manner. "Well ... knights, yes you still don't know how many conditions I placed in the codex. To do everything, there's a specific condition you'll have to fulfill. Like a different key for every lock", Theo said. "I know & I am still curious about the extent of power I possess. I'm just like you, Theo was your name right?",she said. "You got my name right & no we are not the same. You are nowhere like me", Theo replied. "How so? We are both immortal, alone & we are immortal because we wanted to be", she asked curious. "You are nothing like me. I am the offspring of an Angel. Unlike you I do not make my decisions based on trivial things like love & the fear of death. I just.....wanted to be like father",Theo said. "Hmmm...I'll leave you alone now. Don't dare cross my path ever Theo, or I'll kill you just like I've killed all of your comrades", she said as she started to walk away. She turned around and pointed one finger towards the sky. It released a small purple energy ball. It also bursted in the sky like fireworks. Theo turned to look at her & their eyes met. Her eyes were glowing purple. More to her surprise, his eyes were the same. "I haven't lost Theo. You have. It isn't me who failed to protect so many people",she said as she walked down the mountain. 'Thats right. I lost the reason. But I haven't lost it all. I'll spend my eternal life with the one I love. I won't let anyone harm me & he will protect me. I'll become the sole powerful being. I am a divine being. I have complete access to the realm of the angels', she thought. With her fingers, she drew a vertical line in thin air. The line opened up into a portal. She stepped in & the next moment, she was in front of a huge castle. The sky was covered with dark grey clouds. It was the realm ..... of angels.

(Continued in sequel:
The Unfading: First battle of the codex)

{Woohooo guys, we finally reached the end of book 1. The story as it seems have not ended. The next part is named "The Unfading: First battle of the codex" also written and published by me ^^. I'll be releasing it's first chapter tomorrow on October 10th 2020. So feel free to check it out. The story will be continued from where it is left in this book. See you in the next part then ^^)/. If you liked the story so far, feel free to share it with your friends. Stay safe, bye bye ^^)/}