Chapter 7:The angel of time & speed

Warisha was meditating in the cave she had created. The codex floating beside her. "You must have a peace of mind Warisha",the codex said. "The townspeople......those fools which I tried to kill & who Stella saved. There was the judge who ordered
me to be imprisoned",Warisha said. "I want to kill a few people from my unimportant past",she added. There was a moment of silence. The sunlight was entering the cave despite the waterfall flowing infront of it covering the opening. There was a moment of  complete silence. The only audible sound was the echoing waterfall noise. Nothing else. "I can do it for you",the codex said. "Well then, hide my presence",Warisha said."Why bother going there when you can just give the command and I can extract their lives from here?",the codex asked. "No, I want these people to know why they are killed & who killed them",Warisha said as she opened her eyes. There was a quarter of them purple in colour, merging with the signature red she had. Both were unusual colours. The codex faded, so did Warisha. She was back at the outer gate of her town. She walked in, passed through some people, passed through the walls straight upto the bed chamber of the judge. He was sleeping. Was midnight in the town. She lifted one hand in the air & snapped. The windows broke, the clay vase beside the judge's bed also shattered. Light but visible cracks appeared in the wall. The judge woke up startled. She lifted one finger upto her lips. "shusshhhh",she made a shushing sound. "Keep silent & I won't make you suffer",she added. He sat up. "Who are you?",he asked calmly. "Don't remember me?",she said to him. "Perhaps spending a few years surrounded with rocks will help you remember",she said. She swayed her hand & walked towards the door. The judge disappeared. He opened his eyes.....he was in a cave, the opening was seemingly sealed with a huge boulder. 'Why can't I remember? Wasn't she the daughter of the medic? What did she have to do with me? More importantly what happened to her? What happened to her? What happened to her? What happened to her'?, the judge thought. The veins on his temple were popped up, a faint purple circle around his eyeballs and a fair shade of purple in the popped up veins. Warisha was walking out of the judge's room. "Oh I forgot, I said I won't make you suffer. You kept quiet so I'll give you a reward", she said to herself. "A quick death", she added as she grinned. As soon as the words left her mouth, the judge's eyes widened & he let out a last breath as his lifeless body fell on the stone floor.
She went to an eerily similar place, on the main road of the town, she entered the hospital. Walked upto the the room in the back. Her father was sleeping. She watched him for a few minutes. Then spoke. "What .....", she said. Her father got up surprised & looked at her wide-eyed. She was standing in the far corner of the room. In the dark she wasn't visible. "....What happened to your daughter?",she asked. "Who are you? How did you enter my house?",he said. "Answer the question old geezer! What happened to your daughter!?",she exclaimed. "I lost her in the dragon attack a few years back", he said. "Was she a good daughter?",she asked. "Yes......she ..... was....",he said as his eyes widened a bit. A similar purple circle appeared around his eyeballs. The veins on his temples popped up a faint purple hue in them. 'What the hell? Why can't I remember the name of my daughter? I remember the day she was born & I remember her face...But I don't remember her name...What was her name? What did she sounded like?',he thought to himself as his eyes scanned the empty air infront of him. She snapped her fingers & the house crumbled down. She walked back to her cave. Just as she was about to escape the town. She passed through a shop. A mirror shop. There she saw her reflection. Her eyes. Continued the walk towards the outer gate. Artived at her cave. Stared at the water. 'No turning back now Warisha. You have only yourself & Leo now. You must bring him back even if it costs you your life', she thought as she continued to stare in the water.

1493  B.C:
There was a caravan resting beside a lake. A tall young man with white hair and bright golden eyes walked upto a group of men sitting together eating something while talking cheerully & laughing. He was Uwair, the angel of speed & time. "Hey, I am looking for the leader of the caravan. Can you tell me where he is?",he said to one of the men. He pointed towards two men standing infront of a cart, silently talking. He walked upto them. As he approached them one of the men with brown hair & eyes looked towards him from the corner of his eye. With a slight 'hmm' he turned towards Uwair. "Do you need something? I haven't seen you around", the man asked. The other one was ready his hand placed on the sword placed inside the cart. "Yes sir, I just saw the caravan and came here to ask if I could get a job. I am actually travelling to kýklos. I heard your caravan is also headed towards the same place. So, I'd like to join you in your journey, in return I'll help however I can", Uwair explained. "Very well, you're hired", the man said. "He will tell you your job",he added while pointing towards the other man beside him. "Ah, thank you",Uwair said bowing down.
"Load these cartons in the main cart, we'll be departing in a few minutes", the other man said and walked away. Uwair simply lifted them & placed them in the cart as instructed. The caravan departed. They travelled throughout the day. By the night they were on a rocky path. Uwair  was sitting in the back of the cart. It was a cold night. The cold breeze blew his white silver hair ever so gently. His eyes were glowing in a shade of gold. Angelic beauty nonetheless. He was savoring the limited time he had in this world before it was time to go back. Suddenly his eyes widened with a shock as his chest shaked with a jolt. 'What is this presence?',he thought as suddenly his eyes wandered around in search of the cause of the disturbance. Then they fixed on a tall mountain in the distance. It's peak disappearing in the clouds. "So it's you, Theo",he said.
Theo was on the mountain. Creating something, spells on the ground glowing a faint purple, "These will help me, I won't waste the chance you gave me. I'll ensure the defeat of Amarantha. 3000 years are enough for me to create something as strong as a fraction of the codex. The resources are limited but I'll do it", Theo said. "Very well, I also created the last angels", the chief God replied." Why can't you just destroy it? You're undoubtedly the most powerful being in existence",Theo asked. "The world, the human race, they are not ready yet. I'll send the last two down when the human race have progressed enough. You'll find out the rest soon enough",the chief God replied. "You can feel him can't you?",he added. "I can.....Uwair it is I suppose. Another one unknowingly walking to his doom",Theo said.
"He's here", the codex's voice echoed. "I know",Warisha replied. "Transform me", she said. She had aged quite a bit. She was still only human. One hair strand had gone grey. Her appearance once again changed. The dress into the purple dress with spikes. Little gold details, small dark purple wings on her back. Her eyes a glowing purple. She gave out a dark aura symbolizing a successful transformation. She grounded her feet to the ground. And with one single push she was gone. A crater in the ground. The caravan was travelling. Uwair and the caravan leader was in the first cart. Along with the leader's bodyguard. Faint fog started to appear around the whole caravan. It got denser by the second. "Duriel ask the caravan to stop. Uwair take the reins, let me navigate the area. I think we made some wrong turn",The caravan leader said. Uwair took hold of the reins & the leader got down the cart. "Halt! Halt! Stop in your tracks!",Duriel's voice echoed. There were 2 people in the last cart. "Halt....", the heard a faint last voice. The rest of the caravan which was supposed to be infrot of them had entered a layer of fog. They weren't visible to them. They stopped as 'halt' was the last order they got. One of them got down to touch that seemingly unmoving wall of fog & mist. "This is strange, I've never seen anything like this ever", he said. He touched it gently and immediately pulled his hand back. "Oof it's freezing!",he said while jerking his hand quickly.
The leader couldn't see anything outside the fog layer. Uwair and Duriel walked up to him. "This is strange, the temperature suddenly fell, & the terrain seems different",he said. Uwair was looking down as suddenly a faint purple glow started to appear in the fog. "Prepare your weapons I think we're under attack by mages",the leader said. "Prepare your weapons!",Duriel shouted & in an instant the 57 members of the caravan all unsheathed their swords, some took hold of their bows. Others started casting spells. The fog lessened. And the terrain became visible. It was totally different from the previous one. The ground was faintly purple. The sky was also  faintly purple. Then there was the fog in the distance blocking further view. "I think I've put you all in a great danger",Uwair said. "What do you mean?",the leader asked looking at him. "I think what  you're preparing to fight cannot be considered a human",Uwair replied. Duriel went up to him grabbed him by the collar."Listen here you brat, either you tell us how to get out of here or I bury you right here right now!", he said scowling. "I don't know, the best way is to pray & to try our best to fight & survive",he said. Duriel lifted his sword ready to plunge it into Uwair as he stopped in his track. A clapping sound came. "Such a nice sight, people trying to kill the only chance they have against me",Amarantha said as she walked towards them. She wasn't giving off any kind of aura yet, she looked eerily humane.
The 2 people of the last cart stood in shock as the fog faded away and the rest of the caravan disappeared. "What......just happened?",one of them said in shock.
Amarantha slowly walked towards them. "By order Stella was weaker than you but you seem more stupid to bring so many people with you",she said. Suddenly the sky above them all glowed in a bright purple. Everyone looked up to see thousands of lances ready to fall on them charged with magic. "Can you protect them all?",she said smirking. The lances have out a rumbling sound as they started to fall. She blinked her eyes. The second she opened them again, the lances were gone. Uwair was there in his angelic form wearing a white, red & gold dress. How white wings spreaded as he had just landed. A red and silver halberd in his hand. 'What did he do? I couldn't see a thing, he destroyed them all in the duration I blinked? Such speed.....no it can't be I must've missed something', Amarantha's thoughts rushed. The very next instant, Uwair was up in her face. Her eyes widened in shock. She had her hand lifted halfway as a reflex, a purple glow in her hand. "What's the matter Warisha?",Uwair said in a low deep voice. "Surprised? I am the angel of speed & time, Uwair",he added in the same tone. "And what are you? A mortal trying to use a divine weapon. Just a fake",he continued. "Zip it",she said as she waved her glowing hand infront of him in an arc. It have out a purple light travelling in the shape of a purple glowing blade. It passed over the heads of every caravan member. They were all looking at them both in shock. Uwair would randomly disappear & pop-up at a different place. It was like he was teleporting whereas Amarantha was just holding out because of her exceptional reflexes, she was barehanded. Uwair once again disappeared & re-appeared behind her, his halberd pointed towards the middle of her back ready to drill a hole down her core, her heart. Amarantha smiled, "So that's what is happening", she said & then snapped her fingers. Uwair's golden eyes spotted the multiple purple lances above Amarantha, faced towards him. And in an instant they fired. He jumped back & landed a few meters away from her. A cut appeared on his cheek way after the landing & blood seeped through it. 'She anticipated where I was going to appear & prepared an attack in the fraction of a second. Did she found out?', Uwair thought. Amarantha turned towards him smiling. "You seem distressed, surprised how I figured it out?",She said. "You really have a nice eyesight",he said. "And seems there are more beings here than only you, I'm feeling a divine entity everywhere in this area",he said. "There is only me. You are in a terrain created by the codex, in other words you are in the codex. You are inside me . That's how I found out that you are not teleporting. You stop time for everyone except yourself. And you move to my opening to attack me so I just covered them up",she explained. "Hah! even if you did, it's just a  matter of time till I do land a hit on you",he said. "However, you are in me, I saw you can't stop the time for inanimate things as the terrain. You need to hit the ground with your halberd to stop the time"she said. Uwair hitted the back of his halberd on the ground. With a steel clashing noise echoing around, he stopped everything. "You talk a lot",he said as he lunged forward towards her to attack. His halberd was a few inches from her left arm as a stone wall appeared in between his halberd & Amarantha. The halberd collided with it and created a considerably deep mark in the stone wall. He let out a breath & everything went to normal. "You are in me Uwair, I know how to control myself", Amarantha said as she punched him in an instant, right in his abdominals. A shockwave appeared from his back as her puch shattered the white metal armor covering his body. The pieces went flying as he fell on his knees. One hand grabbing the damaged area & other holding the halberd for support. "Get up, fight !",Amarantha said as she prepared another punch to land on him. He jumped back. 'Oh God, what is this? Such power?' he thought as he looked at her. He got up. "Yeah that's more like it, now....come at me", she said. Uwair jumped forward, rotating his halberd as he landed. She moved aside. He attacked with his halberd in thin air. A shockwave was created. Amarantha blocked it with yet another stone wall. "The arc",she said quietly as the arc appeared in her hand. She fired 3 arrows from behind the wall. They broke through it, moving towards Uwair. He jumped up as the arrows passed from below him. From midair he threw the halberd towards her. She saw it coming, prepared her stance punched it from the side & it fell far on the ground & faded. "Wha-", Uwair said but was cut off. "I absorbed it",she said smirking. The next moment she was up in his face. The arc wasn't there. She punched him twice in the jaw & then in the chest with her knee. He fell down as four lances appeared on all of his four sides. He flew upwards took out a dagger & dashed towards her. "The sword",she said. In a fraction of a second, in one single slice & a twist, she had his head in her hand. Fading slowly. She walked towards the caravan members. The head, the body & the sword all faded. into glittering dust. "Stay away! We won't hold back! " The leader shouted. The next moment she disappeared & a voice came from behind him. "How many of you are there?",she asked. His sword wasn't in his hands. He turned around to see everyone except him & Duriel, dead. Amarantha had his sword, dripping with blood as the bodies faded. Duriel dashed forward with a battle cry.  He took a sharp twist and aimed for her neck. Clang. A voice came and his sword snapped in two. "You can't lay a scratch", Amarantha said as she looked at him with her glowing purple eyes. Those damn eyes. Everything else seemed dull except them. She punched him in the ribs and he collided with a rock meters away. Smashed. She walked towards the caravan leader. "You know, I have no need for you people, if only you laid down your weapons I would've made you my humble servants",she said. "Go to hell", the caravan leader replied. "Yeah lead me there",she said as she faded. To the caravan leader the world seemed to rotate. He saw the sky, Amarantha walking away from him, her back towards him. Then he saw himself as the vision started to go black. With a thud, his head landed on the ground.

"2 more to go",Warisha said tothe codex. She was yet again sitting in the cave, her eyes half purple, half red. "The next one will be stronger. Abaddon, the angel of darkness. He's on par with Uwair in speed. And wields two swords",the codex replied. "How much is the estimated time?",she asked. "They all come after equal intervals...7 years....you'll have to wait",the codex replied. "I am still a human, partly if not completely. Won't I age a lot? If my physical body becomes weak my spells will also grow weaker",Warisha said. "You are half-divine. You'll age half the speed of a normal human. In 10 years you'll age by 5. So don't worry too much",the codex replied.

Back in the town the last caravan cart arrived.
".....& then the fog faded and everyone was gone",the man explained. "It's strange, no one arrived here",the town's guards replied. "This map, keep it as a record, pass it down, make copies, this case will need to be solved",the guard said to the man. "Yes, I'll make multiple copies, original I'll keep, One I'll give to you and other to the investigation department of my town, I've marked the location of the incident here",the man said as he went back to the cart to make almost perfect hand-copies of the map with all the names, markings, roads and an area in the mountains circled. "Here, I'm leaving the search to you",the man said as he handed to map to the guard.

To be continued...

(sorry for tha late update, the first book is almost at it's end about 2-3 chapters left. It's not the end of the story but just a part....uh I'll explain it today....so while writing the unfading I actually wrote a part of the story in future, it was the main story and this part which I'm writing and a few others were supposed to be mentioned only in flashbacks. But I thought it might help readers to understand the story better if I started the story from the very beginning....so Yeah. Each part I made into a separate book. Each one have a specific name with the main name (The unfading) as common as The Unfading:Origins (this book) & The Unfading: First battle of the codex (upcoming book). All the books combined will sum up the story so read from the beginning, Origins is the first part so....uh that's all, the A/N became too long 😅. C ya in next chapter I'll upload two today hopefully ^^)/ )