Texting You

Hey.

Jace rolled over and struggled to reach for his phone. He had to blink a couple times due to the light coming from the phone. As he turned it on, he noticed a text from Alec. Was it about their talk yesterday because Jace certainly didn't want to talk about it. He was about to ignore the text when Alec sent another one.

What do you know about Paris?

Now Jace was curious. Paris? Why was Alec suddenly asking him about Paris? Was Alec taking his travel year now? Alec had turned 18 not too long ago, but with the whole Valentine situation. Jace assumed Alec chose not to go. Was he choosing to go now?  

Not much, but I guess that it's where the Eiffel Tower is. Why? Are you taking your travel year now?  

No, actually. I forgot about that. Well, Magnus wants to take a trip to Paris and I was wondering if maybe there was anything I should know. Although, I'm not too sure what exactly. 

Of course. Jace sighed. Of course Magnus was the reason. Sometimes, Jace found himself envying Magnus.

Since they got together. Jace barely had any time with Alec. He started feeling more and more disconnected from his parabatai. He was reminded of the feeling he had when he didn't have a parabatai and was alone in the world with his dad. Not that he ever actually met his dad since it turned out his dad was dead and Valentine pretended to be his dad who was also not his dad  but he believed it was. It's a long story, really.

As he looked out the window, he noticed the sun was rising. I should be getting up soon. Jace thought. He turned his phone off and threw it aside before going to go take a shower. He could reply to Alec later.

Author's Note: Everything, but the story is own by Cassandra Clare.