Kiss...?

They walked in a circle, staring at one another. The tension was so thick, it was almost impossible to cut through. Jace decided it was getting to be too awkward and came at Alec first, throwing a punch at him. Alec quickly dodged and tripped Jace. Luckily, Jace's reaction was quick enough and he pulled Alec with him. 

They wrestled each other on the ground before both realizing the position they were in. Jace was on top of Alec, pinning him down. Alec didn't try to stop him, instead turning a bright shade of red. Not a word was exchanged between the two boys. Not one at all. Jace could feel Alec's heavy breathing and hear his heart beating faster. Without realizing, Jace leaned in and just as he was about to press his lips against Alec. Alec spoke up.

"What are you doing? Are you doing what I think you're about to do? By the Angel-" Alec pushed Jace off and without exchanging another word, he left.

"Wait! Alec, wait up!" Jace shouted, getting on his feet and going after his parabatai. 

Jace chased after him, worried about what Alec was thinking. His parabatai had a tendency to overthink things and last time when Alec had confessed his feelings. He spent weeks avoiding Jace until finally working up the courage to talk to him. Even then, things were still awkward with them. They didn't show it, but deep down they both knew it was. It was hard for it not to be when their friendship was almost torn apart all because of a crush and now that same reason might be why it will tear it more.

"Jace, stop following me, please. We can talk later. Right now I just want to be alone." Alec sighed.

"Alec, just listen. It's not what you think. Well, it might be actually, but still! Just hear me out and if you still want me to leave you alone. I will." 

"Really?" Alec asked, clearly unsure whether or not to believe it.

"You have my words." Jace said.

Author's Note: Everything, but the story belongs to Cassandra Clare.