Training Room

As Jace mindlessly walked around the institute, he heard mumbling from the training room. The voices were familiar, but he couldn't tell who exactly they were if anyone had asked. He decided to go see, as he opened the door. He found his parabatai, shooting arrows at the targets spread all over and Magnus, sitting on one of the benches flirting and distracting him from a distance. 

"Ahem." Jace coughed and they both stopped what they were doing to look at him.

"If it isn't my ex roommate." Magnus spoke first.

When the Inquisitor had sent Jace to the City of Bones. There was an attack and in the end, Jace ended up staying with Magnus. It was an interesting time. They talked a lot about Alec, since Jace suspected that Alec was seeing Magnus, but he also knew Alec was crushing on him.

"Yeah, hey. Do you mind if I talk to Alec? I need to ask him something." 

"Not at all." 

"Alone." Jace sighed, seeing that Magnis hadn't moved at all and if anything, made himself more comfortable. 

"Oh, I see." Magnus hopped off the bench and went over to Alec.

He said something to Alec, but Jace couldn't quite catch it. Whatever it was, Alec smiled shyly and received an equally shy smile from Magnus. Which was strange coming from Magnus, but surely he was just being careful around Alec. After all, Alec was new to this whole dating thing and very inexperienced. That, Jace knew.

Jace watched as Magnus took Alec by his belt and looped his finger through and planted a quick kiss on his lips. Alec pushed away pretty quickly, out of embarrassment. Jace just rolled his eyes, totally wanting to thank Magnus for the lovely reminder he was single and ruined his chance when he had it. He felt himself relax when Magnus finally left, but not before he noticed Alec had taken a glimpsed at Magnus before he really left. The slightly tint from before was redder now.

"So, you and Magnus. Getting pretty serious, huh?" Jace stuffed his hand in his pocket and walked over to his parabatai.

"I think so." Alec shrugged, clearly trying not to make Jace feel bad with his recent break up, not that he was good at hiding it.

"Cool." Jace looked around the room and noticed the many bull eyes Alec got.

That's my parabatai. Jace smiled proudly, even though Alec had no idea what he was smiling about.

"Um… Uh… What did you want to talk about?" Alec pulled the quiver and bow off his back and set it on the wall.

"Nothing really. Just wanted to get out of helping Izzy with wedding plan. Her stress stresses me out." Even though Jace didn't really help and spent most of it thinking about Alec and his trip with Magnus. 

"Oh okay. Speaking of Izzy, are you as surprised as I am that Izzy is getting married?" Alec laughed softly, thinking about his baby sister getting married.

"Yeah. Still can't believe she's the first to get married. I would've guessed you would be first." Jace replied.

"Yeah, if I wasn't hopeless when it comes to love." Alec rolled his eyes.

"Oh, come on. Don't sell yourself short. There's tons of people who would date you." 

Like me.

"You're funny." Alec gently hit his shoulder and realized what he did and quickly went over to the seraph blades and wiped the blade clean of dust.

"I know I am." Jace smirked.

"Do you want to train?" Alec slowly turned his head to show the blade he's holding. 

"Loser owes the winner a favour." Jace grinned.

"Deal." Alec smiled shyly. 

Author's Note: Everything, but the story belongs to Cassandra Clare.