FLY ME TO THE MOON.

❝alone or not,you gotta walk forward

alone or not,
you gotta walk forward.❞
━ Cecelia Ahern

SEPTEMBER 26TH, 2013

SEPTEMBER 26TH, 2013. It was a day that mankind would never be allowed to forget. 26th of September used to be a special day for the Miller family ━ the day to celebrate the birthday of a very special father and husband. The family used to be small, composed of Joel Miller and Tommy Miller. Julia Abel knew the two brothers from their childhood, living across the street from the two. Over the years, the two families had been close. Julia became family to the Miller family, but then came a high school fling for Joel and a daughter named Sarah. It had been no secret that Julia had a budding crush on the older Miller, but she backed off when she realized that Joel was family with his highschool sweetheart. Yet, she remained in their lives.

It was 2001 and teenage pregnancy was almost unheard of in their small religious town, causing most of the townsfolk to alienate the two teens. Despite countless warnings and threats from outsiders, Julia continued to be Joel's friend. When Sarah was born, Julia had instantaneously fallen in love and vowed to always be there for them. Due to their close friendship and Julia's endless support, she had been made the Godmother. But, Julia couldn't stay.

After high school, Julia had to leave. Due to her high marks and excellent leadership in the community, she had been awarded with a full-ride scholarship to pursue her doctorate in nursing. She was gone for almost six years, but she kept in touch with the Miller family throughout the years. Julia kept her promise and had always been there for Joel. She was there when his parents had died. She was there when his high school sweetheart left him behind with a broken heart. She had been there when Sarah had started preschool. She was there when Joel and Tommy opened their own contracting business. She was always there for him ━ the good, the bad, and the ugly.

It was September 26th, 2007 when Julia had decided to move in with Joel and Sarah. Tommy had thrown a surprise party for Joel and of course, Julia had been invited. She expressed her issues with her landlord and right then and there, Joel convinced her to move in. After all, money was tight and the best choice was to split the bills and there was no one else in the world that Joel trusted more than Julia. She became a part of their lives and routine, making it brighter and meaningful. Eventually, Joel fell in love for the woman who always held him in her heart.