i. chapter one.

SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT.

( just to clear something up. Penelope was already in Belgium pre-season to legacies if that makes sense )

Almost eight and a half months had passed and time remained a mystery to Calista. She didn't receive any calls, texts or letters back from Hope Mikaelson and if that wasn't enough to eat away at her, Calista could no longer feel Hope's pain since the day she left New Orleans. Not even something as simple as a paper cut or graze to the knee. It was obvious that Hope had taken off the necklace. The question Calista asked herself was why.

Today marked the day Calista would return home to Mystic Falls alongside her best friend - Penelope Park. Alaric Saltzman offered the two girls an academic scholarship with a strict policy of keeping vampires away from Calista at all costs. It took Penelope a week of nonstop convincing and small gifts here and there before Calista agreed to attend the school she's held a hatred for many years. Returning to Mystic Falls means running into Hope and she wasn't exactly mentally prepared for that yet.

The two witches had met during a potion class and Calista being the jokester she was, created a potion that filled the room with a horrific stench - a love spell and the first to fall was Penelope Park. Calista learnt a lot about the witch, starting with her history. Penelope had only been at the school for a week before Calista arrived and she was there primarily because of Josie Saltzman. Penelope had told Calista that she was in love with Josie Saltzman and has been for some time. Calista felt horrible, having known Penelope didn't get the fairytale ending much like herself.

Calista didn't know a lot about the siphoner but she had talked to her a couple times about comic books and some hefty spells. Through Josie, she met the infamous twin sister, Lizzie Saltzman who at the time, was a complete atomic blonde warrior that intimidated Calista more than she would agree to.

Penelope Park felt like she could confide in Calista and she also secretly adored her, although she would never admit that.

"Hey," Penelope called softly, stepping into the room wearing a happy smile and lugging a healthy backpack of belongings behind her. Her gaze landed on the witch balled up with her body tucked away in the corner, a fluffy blanket thrown lazily over her shoulders. "Calista, care to explain why you're sulking and have yet to pack when our flight is leaving in under an hour?"

The witch turned, her blue eyes dull of colour. "Because I'm in pain and suffering."

Penelope shook off the comment and walked deeper into the room. "You're not in pain, you're just being dramatic." She corrected with a knowing grin and yanking the blanket away from the now pink haired girl, much to her dismay. Calista whined.