iii. chapter three.

I DON'T ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH VAMPIRES.

"Psst, hey." Calista picked her head up from her hands and raised her eyebrows at the blonde girl seated across from her. "Calista, right?"

Calista sighed and decided to put on a front, starting with a fake smile she had learnt to perfect. "Yes, Lizzie. Calista is still my name, hasn't changed since the day I was born with it." She answered with more bite in her response than she intended. Lizzie smirked at the newfound sass and silently approved with a nod. Lizzie remembered the day they first met and how timid and frail the witch was. Safe to say, Calista was not that same girl.

"What are you doing befriending the she-devil?" Lizzie asked, curiosity not sitting well in her stomach. "I imagined you being anyone's friend but her. Did she bride you? Blackmail? Threaten even?"

Calista had to laugh. "I chose to be her friend and thank god I did, otherwise I could've risked being your friend." She rolled her eyes and moved her attention to Penelope giggling at some joke Josie cracked. At least someone could be happy.

Lizzie stared at the pink haired witch for a little longer than necessary and hummed to herself. "You've changed," She stated knowingly which hooked Calista back in. "Not just physically, mentally too I presume. I really think pinks suits you but..something changed you didn't it?" Lizzie went on, her eyes raked over the fear on Calista's face.

The younger girl tried her best to ignore Lizzie, but she couldn't. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Lizzie narrowed her eyes and puckered her lips. "No, I think I do. Weren't you best buds with.." There's a short pause and Calista held her breath, crossing her fingers and hoping anyone, just anyone would save her from this awful moment.

"Listen up class," Oh thank god. Calista huffed and avoided any kind of contact from Lizzie Saltzman. "I'm going to begin pairing you off with your new partners." Everyone groaned and Emma hid a amused smile. "Yes, I know it sucks but this way friends will not be paired with friends and you can learn more about your peers and fellow classmates."

Calista contained a groan and made sure Penelope knew she was ready to up and leave by shooting her a glare. Emma clasped her hands together and picked a clipboard from the small desk, reading names from a list. Penelope with Josie, Lizzie with Alyssa. It all seemed fair, until...

"Hope, and-" Emma glanced between Calista who was sending her a pleading look and the tribrid was busy staring out the window to even acknowledge what was happening. "Calista."