Chapter 2. "I know kumpadre, I can't wait for her to be my daughter"...

Chapter 2. "I know kumpadre, I can't wait for her to be my daughter." I looked at uncle Devin when he said that but he only smiled at me.

Yen Leslie's

   Minutes turn into hours and hours turn into days, every passing moments are so slow that I'm going to die in boredam.

  For the past few days school was still school, but the good thing is my parents are coming home after a whole 9 months abroad.
   I'm currently standing at the veranda of my room which is directed towards the garden. Wind after wind blown my hair, it's peace, the peace that a home has to offer.

  After a minute or so, my phone rang. I looked at the caller to see that my cousin is calling me on Facetime. I pushed the call button and a defeaning shriek boomed from all the corners of my phone.

"Ask me who I saw in the television just now. " she asked me with such excitement.

"Ok? who?" I did what she asked me and rolled my eyes playfully at her glee.

"It was Kayyen Gabrielle Ryder. THE KAYYEN GABRIELLE RYDER." she answered emphasising every word, then again she shriek at the top of her lungs that it has gotten irritating.

"Yeah right, I already know that. He came here at the country with Uncle Devin and obviously with my parents. So yeah, I know it." I said in a duh tone.

"What? And you didn't even bother to tell that news to me? Do you hate him that much for me?" she is totally batting her eyes like a fish with her fake innocence.

"Mae, it's not like I hate him for you. I just thought that you already know it and Yendell is always there at your place, haven't he said anything about it." she think for a moment then I imaginarily imagine her doing playbacks at her head.

  I didn't wait for her to reply because I know that Yendell mentioned it to her.

"I really need to go, and hey, I already downloaded the movie you told me. You should come here so we can watch it together." She smiled widely at the mention of the movie and she furiously nodded.

  I ended the call with a smile then a knock at my door, knocked me out of my trance.
  It was nana Lilia telling me that my parents just arrived and they are currently at the living room with uncle Devin.

  My smile just widen and I hurriedly went down to where they are. Wearing my loose purple v-neck shirt, a white tattered short shorts and my signature low-cut converse sneakers which is looking plainly boring. I should have wear something much nicer because the thing is, Kayyen is with them, THE KAYYEN IS WITH THEM. Did I just talked like my cousin Mae? Bummer!

  I am still at the last step of the stair, debating whether I should just go to where they are or should I go up my room and change for a better clothes. But all of that went out of the drain when my eldest brother, Yasser put his hand on my shoulders and pulled me towards them.

"Hey, I missed you sugarpie." Uncle Devin said and hugged me first. Uncle Devin has always been fond of me since he only has a son and he decided not to get married anymore. I really don't know their own story but I love him as a father.

"You know kumpadre, people might think she's your daughter." my dad commented with a deep chuckle.

   I went to my father and hugged him tightly. He  pat my hair like he always do and my mother came rushing out of the kitchen to hug me.

"I know kumpadre, I can't wait for her to be my daughter." I looked at uncle Devin when he said that but he only smiled at me.

"Alright, how about we talk about all this at dinner and let Kayyen rest for a while. Yasser, please accompany Kayyen at the room where he would be resting." My brother looked at my mother and he stopped talking to Kayyen which I did not notice that they have converse in their own conversations.

  The both of them stand up and they walked upstairs, again, talking to each other about cars.

"So? How's school Leslie?" My father asked as I sit at the sofa opposite to my father.

"It is still school dad, and college is really a hard work." I played with my hair, a habit where I usually do when I'm trying to skip a topic I don't want to talk about.

"Well, that's great. I'll call your uncle Zeus later to asked about how things are at school." father said with his serious face and I just bowed down my head to avoid his gaze.
   Uncle Zeus Timothy is the owner of the university I' m currently enrolled at, and he really is a scary man but I love it everytime he is on his childish mode.

   My mother shushed my father and uncle Devin conversed him in a topic of business. My mother smiled at me knowingly and she asked me to return to my room and wait for the time of dinner.

  I excused myself to them and went upstairs, to my brother Yasser's room.
While I was walking towards his room, my phone rang again. I stop walking and I looked at the caller's ID. Surprisingly, the caller is Bryan Harvey. THE BRYAN HARVEY. I really need to stop this 'Mae' talk.

  I answered the call and put it right at my ear so I can avoid anyone at the house hearing anything that we are about to talk.

"Yes?" I heard him take deep breaths before talking lowly

"Hey, I mean Hi Yen. I just want to say sorry about what I did last Monday. You know, I'm just trying to get your attention and everything." His voice was different from the usual cold one. He sounded sincere and that made me smile.

"It's okay, Bryan. No need for for you to explain. And thank you, for saying sorry." I smiled at him though he can't see it.

"You serious? You really forgave me did you?" I'm really not sure what he is feeling right now.

"Yes, seriously. I forgave you."

"Thank you Yen, I mean it."

"I know." he bid his goodbye and I ended the call.

  I don't know if it's just me or forgiving someone who meant everything he said is really refreshing. I, again, started to walk going to Yasser's room.

  I opened the door after knocking, as soon as I entered the room, the open television is what I saw. I call out for my brother's name but no one replied. The door to the shower opened and a hot devil went out with only a towel.

  My gaze is at the body of this dashing sexy man infront of me and when I looked at his face, he seriously furious with a straight face. If that's even possible.

"Get out!" Kayyen shouted at me with his deep voice.

  I was startled at the sudden rise of his voice and I hurriedly went out for the door and shut it close. I ran towards my room entering and closing it afterwards, leaning on the door as my heart beating fast.
I'm in deep trouble...