Part 10

Two days passed and Winston still hadn't spoken a word to anyone about what he'd discovered. Not even to Estela and Diego. Considering what had happened between them all, Winston didn't exactly feel like he should talk to them.

That being said, when he received a text from Estela asking if he wanted to meet up for coffee, he was surprised. He typed back a quick 'yes' and drove to Monet's.

When Winston arrived, he saw Estela and Diego already sitting at their usual table. Diego had his back turned away from the door, but Estela spotted him immediately. She waved him over and Winston hastily made his way to them.

"Hey." He greeted, unsure of what else to say.

"Hey." Diego said, turning in his seat to look at him. Winston felt himself shrink under his stare.

Diego laughed, "Dude, chill. I'm not mad or anything."

Winston let out a sigh of relief, "Oh. Good, I'm not mad either."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Sit down!" Estela motioned to chair at the end of table.

"Okay." He grinned slightly as he sat down.

Estela looked at Diego expectantly. He returned her look until she finally rolled her eyes and turned to Winston.

"We just wanted to bring you here to say..." Estela's eyes traveled back to Diego. She had the same expectant look.

Diego huffed, "We wanted to say sorry."

Winston almost laughed. What could they have to be sorry about? He was the one who got angry.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that." Winston told them.

Estela shook her head, "Regardless of who's sorry or not, we wanted to see if you had plans tonight."

"No, I don't. What's going on?" Winston asked, curiously.

"The find your drink party is tonight!" Diego said excitedly.

"The find your drink party? What is that?" Winston thought the name sounded odd.

"It's main purpose is to help the seniors find the drink they like before going off to college." Diego explained. Winston nodded.

"So, can you go?" Diego asked.

"Yeah, I should be able to." Winston said.

"Awesome! We'll be able to do some spying on the paranoid group." Diego pointed out.

They finished their drinks and said their goodbyes. Diego gave Winston the address and told him that the party started at seven. He agreed to meet them there.

A few hours later, Winston looked in the mirror at himself. Once he decided that his outfit looked good enough, he went downstairs.

"Wow, where are you going looking so handsome?" His mother asked him, as she walked over to him and began to touch his coat.

Winston smiled as he shook his head and tried to push her hands away, "Just to this party some of my friends are throwing."

"Again with the friends? When am I going to get to meet these ominous people?" His mother asked.

"Someday, but right now I'm running late, so I gotta go." He kissed her cheek and walked out to his car.

Winston drove in silence as he passed by the familiar area. He glanced out his window at the woods by the police station, he felt guilty that he hadn't visited Monty for a few days.