Chapter 1

Light raindrops.

It fell on my face like tiny fingertips, caressing and slowly dripping along my chin.

My feet and hands were feeling the soft grass underneath as I laid my self on the ground with a thin blanket on my back.

My untouched book on my chest and my phone placed lazily on my side.
I loved it. I loved how melancholic yet blissful this made me feel.

The chilly wind passing through my skin, music filling my ears with slow beats.

My eyes closed, lips tipped upward, appreciating this lonely yet pleasant feeling under the drizzle.

This euphoric moment was suddenly cut when I heard muffled noises to my left.

I slowly opened my eyes, got up but stayed sitting on my blanket, scared to meet those who, of which I'm absolutely sure, were looking and talking about me.

My nape tingled and I felt numb all over my body.

I couldn't move.
Suddenly, a pair of shoes stopped in front of me.

My eyes widened from this realization then closed again, protecting me from the outside monsters of my internal bliss.

My hands were clutching the strands of my earphones with my dear life, like it would run away if I let go and leave me.

Too scared to even move a muscle, I gasped loudly as my left earbud left my ear.

I panicked.

And so, I opened my eyes, suddenly realizing that I left my bubble of mental protection.

Then I saw him.

My favorite person in the world.
Hobi, my lovable cousin, smiling like the sun that stopped the rain.

My other earbud on his left ear, clearly stealing my alone time with my beats.

I cracked a small smile, clearly more than happy and relieved to see him.
“You're here in the backyard again. You know, you'll get sick if you stay longer under the rain,” his voice had a tinge of worry but still smiling kindly at me.

I shook my head, smiled widely at my dear cousin.

He returned my smile and patted my head softly.

“But I know you love this place and this weather too much to even care,” he shrugged and took the earbud from his ears and placed it on my hands.

“Come and get up, love. Let's dry you up inside.”

I nodded and clutched my phone and book to my chest.

Hobi grasped my blanket and started to walk when I tugged on the sleeve of his hoodie.

He let me do it as I tiptoed behind him, slowly paving our way to the back door of my house.

My music was not playing anymore but I felt as peaceful with Hobi.

But it changed when he stopped in front of me, my eyebrows knitted together as I stared at his back.

Curious to why he halted, I moved to the side to clearly see the reason.

Six pairs of eyes were looking at me and Hobi, different expressions, different faces, clearly outsiders, and total monsters in my mind.

Once again, uncontrollably, I began to shake.

My eyes dropping to the ground and my breath was slowly shortening.

Hobi felt me panic.

His eyes wide and fearful as he turned around and dropped his gaze to level his eyes on mine.
“I'm sorry. It's okay. It's safe. Don't worry, it's safe.”

I heard protests and groans of worry behind him but my eyes were focused on Hobi.

I was trying.

Trying to be calm and let myself drown from the familiar dark-browned pair of eyes.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply.
I pursed my lips and stared at Hobi again.

Sure that I was calmed down, Hobi softly patted my head and said,
“Y/n, they are my friends so don't be scared of them, okay?”

My eyes widened as I slowly nodded and took a peek at the strangers, who were now I considered as Hobi's friends.

They were looking strangely at me but they all tried to smile, some apologetically, some being friendly.

I looked at their faces, trying to fight the creeping numbness and the soft tingles on my nape.

I stared at them for too long, a little fiercer I guessed, since their smiles faltered.

Hobi chuckled and turned to them.
“Guys, this is my cousin, Y/n. Please be nice to her.”

“Hello, Y/n!” I whipped my head to the guy with a nice smile who spoke. He had that playful aura like a kid, and that box smile suited him.

I felt too embarrassed when his eyes met mine and I bowed quickly to all of them before hiding behind Hobi and clutching his sleeves tighter.

“She must be really shy,” I heard the other spoke.

I felt Hobi shook a little as he chortled, softly removing my hands from his sleeves and holding it securely.

“Sorry guys, she doesn't talk much especially to strangers so please, be kind to her.”

All of them nodded understandingly.

“Let's get inside. It's gonna start raining again.”

To this realization, they went inside first before Hobi dragged me to the living room.

All of them found seats and comfortably plumped themselves on the soft cushions.

Hobi placed me on the single couch.
“Just stay here and I'll get you hot chocolate. It's your favorite, right?”

I began to panic a bit when he left me alone and paved his way to the kitchen.

I was about to call his name but no sound left my hanging mouth.

Feeling too stupid, I closed my lips, fists balled on my lap and just stared at my feet.

“You must feel cold, would you like some slippers?” -soft voice.

“Jimin-ah, maybe her slippers are here somewhere,” -hoarse voice.

“Hyung, I'm also cold,” -light tenor.

“Go warm your self, Jungkook,” -playful voice.

Then, I heard box-shaped-smile guy laugh beside me.

My single couch was the nearest to him and I knew that he turned to me, his head lowering, trying to catch my eyes.
“Hey, are you okay?”

I flinched as I realized how near he was and clearly talking to me.

“Taehyung-ah, keep your distance. You're scaring her.” - sleepy voice.

I was relieved when Taehyung (that's probably his name), scooted a little farther from me.

Hobi came back and pushed the cup of hot chocolate on my hands.

I grasped it and pleasantly tapped my fingers on the warmth of this drink.

Sipping happily on my cup, I tapped my phone and continued listening to the slow beats and just ignored the people surrounding me.

I still got that uneasy feeling since I am uncomfortable with people but I chose to close my mind.

Drifting back to my own happy place.

———————–——————————

A/n:

First chapter is done. Hope y'all like it ☺️