Chapter 5

The next day, I found myself sitting under the apple tree on my backyard.

The rain from yesterday had stopped overnight yet the skies were still gray.
I stretched myself on the grass then yawned.

The soft beat of music was attached to my ears.

I wasn't aware that I had fallen asleep.

My beats were still blaring on my ears and the wind became chilly.

Soon, I fluttered my eyes open and was staring at a transparent huge umbrella that was opened above me.

I recognized it.

Hobi used to keep it in the storage room.

It was apparently huge and could fit ten people beneath it.

I could see the blurry gray sky, the raindrops suspended on the huge umbrella.

Someone was beside me, breathing slowly.

I slowly got up and turned, seeing Namjoon peacefully dozing off, his back resting on the apple tree's trunk.

I was surprised and turned my head on the open field, thankful that the rain was not hard today.

Slowly, I sat beside him.

My legs crossed and mind contemplating on how I should wake him up.

After several mind battles, I decided to let him sleep and just wait until he does wake up.

I continued listening to my beats and looking at the raindrops falling on the grass blades.

Then, I felt his head fall on my shoulders which caused me to jump, pushing Namjoon's head back to the air.

"What?" he grunted as his eyes shot open and took his surroundings.

His eyes caught mine and I stared back, the same shock expression that he had.

Then, he softened his gaze. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" he asked.

I shook my head slowly and looked up at the umbrella.

"Oh. I saw you lying down here a while ago when it was drizzling so Hobi gave me this to fetch you."

I still didn't answer then looked at him again.

"You were sleeping so... I didn't want to wake you up," he said sheepishly as he smiled shyly at me, his dimples showing and his cheeks were pinkish.

"It's okay." I finally answered.

He looked at me then grinned, his dimples becoming deeper.

I noticed the back door was closed as I stared at the house.

Hobi never leaves it closed when I'm outside.

"Where's Hobi?" I asked Namjoon.

"Oh, he brought the boys to downtown after he gave me this umbrella. I refused coming with them so he left the house to us."

Ah. So we're alone.

I became a bit uncomfortable since I have never been alone with anyone in the house, except Hobi of course.

The silence stretched to several minutes.

Namjoon was quiet the whole time but I could notice him squirming and staring at me several times then looking away.

I was trying to focus on my music and breathing.

I didn't want to have a panic attack at this time and burden him.