Chapter 10

The sun stained yellow and orange on the once clear blue sky.

The wind sped as the sunset fast approached.

It was the golden hour and the wind blew cooler than the afternoon weather.

Taehyung picked his teacup with elegance, his pinkie raised as he slyly looked at me, his eyebrow wiggling at my chuckling form.

He had laid the picnic mat on the grass a little farther from the house and placed the lemon biscuits, chocolate muffins, sweet sticky rice cakes, teacups and a jar filled with lemon juice.

"I don't like tea and I know you don't, too" he muttered when I asked him about the lemon juice.

"Besides," he added "Namjoon-hyung is getting low supplies of his tea that's why he insisted they should do some groceries today."

I hummed in response.

I stared at the man beside me, basking in the sunset glow.

His skin shimmered golden under the rays of the late afternoon sun and his eyes surveyed the fields that stretched across. They twinkled with wonder and contentment.

His lower lip tucked beneath his teeth, the corners raised slightly with his small smile, causing his cheeks to puff high on the sides.

I admit, Taehyung has this ethereal beauty and the sun added more to it.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" his teasing voice brought me to my senses.

My eyes met his dark brown ones filled with humor.

"N-nothing!" I squeaked as I turned away, the sun slightly blinding me when I looked ahead.

I blinked and turned my attention to the chocolate muffin.

I heard him chuckle beside me causing the heat to rise on my cheeks.

"I like when you're blushing. The color suits you."

His gentle voice contradicted the wild beats of my heart.

I bet I was looking tomato-red when I stared back at him, eyes wide and lips parted in disbelief.

"I'm not... I don't th- I mean..." My head was empty and I tried to formulate the words but it failed me.

He chuckled then looked away, his hands picking up the rice cakes and eating them.

I pursed my lips as my cheeks burned even more. I sighed and tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach as I gobbled the chocolate muffin.

"You-"

I looked back at Taehyung when I heard him say something.

His unsure eyes looked at me, his right hand raised hesitantly between us.

"What?"

"You got something on the..." he pointed at the corner of my lips.

"Oh", my eyes widened in surprise and I was about to wipe it off with the back of my hand but he beat me to it.

I felt his thumb swipe softly on the spot he saw, his eyes cast down on my lips.

"Oh shit", he muttered as his mouth hung open and his eyebrows scrunched together in concentration. "I didn't mean to spread it."

My breath hitched in my throat as he inched closer.

My heartbeat sped like the wind around us that brushed my hair with force out of my face.

His thumb held frozen close to my lips when he saw me suck air through my teeth.

His eyes locked on mine, his dilating and mine wide with unease and fear.

Fear of the crippling coldness that slowly crawled from my neck to my spine.

My fingertips had the familiar tingles and my stomach flipped like crazy, making me think I was about to throw up.

I thought I would have at that moment if Taehyung didn't pull back.

He blinked rapidly like he was just waking up from a daydream, retracted his hand and sat back on a comfortable distance.

His eyes sad and lips smiling apologetically at me.

"Sorry. Got caught up a little." His voice laced with unhappiness that I didn't understand.

"It's okay!" Mine, however, sounded like I was screaming for help. I mentally slapped myself for being impulsive at times. Well, I mentally slap myself everyday for being scared of people.

He was surprised at that but his face changed quickly.

He gave a small smirk, his cheeks dusted pink and his hand flipping his curly hair away from his face.

We both whipped our heads when we heard the slam of the front door then the familiar chatter of our friends.

"Y/n! Taehyung!" Hobi called out.

"We're out here!" Taehyung shouted back while I drank the lemon juice out of the teacup.

The next moment, we heard footsteps padding closer and the back door opening.

I smiled at Jimin's form emerging from the house.

His now blonde hair tousled as the wind passed, he was wearing a white sweater and khaki pants and his radiant smile causing his eyes to form into thin slits.

He ran with a chuckle after slapping Jungkook's arm, who was also coming out of the house.

Jungkook contrasted Jimin's color. He wore a black sweater and ripped black skinny jeans. His dark hair was getting longer now, probably as long as Taehyung's although his was still straight.

He chased Jimin and they were giggling after playfully hitting each other and running around.

After some time, they grew tired and ran towards us.

"Wow! You guys had a picnic?" Jimin stared in wonder as both of them sat cross-legged in front of us. His face changed into a pouty one after realizing we did it alone and without them.

"Oh! Choco muffin. Hey, that's my choco muffin from the fridge." Jungkook stared accusingly at us before grabbing the muffin and splitting it, eating the half.

He then shoved the other half into Jimin's mouth, the poor older boy didn't have time to avoid it.

The three of us burst into mad laughters at seeing it.

"J-ngk-k, y- br- t!" The crumbs of the muffin kept flying out of his mouth as he half complained, half laughed.

We spent the short remainder of the afternoon sipping lemon juice poured into teacups and munching the lemon biscuits and sticky rice cakes until the older ones called us inside.

"This was the best picnic I've ever had" Taehyung exclaimed after the two boys walked ahead of us and left us to clean up after ourselves since it was our picnic anyway. The little brats.

"I'm glad I get to join you on your best picnic ever," I smirked playfully at him.

I looked down at my feet as I walked back to the house, unaware of the charming boy who I left behind, staring at me full of warmth.

"Yeah. I'm glad you did."

Taehyung whispered to the wind.

_______________________________________

A/n

Hello!

I'm sorry it took me so long again to update. Work has been consuming most of my free time.

I'm currently in bed and skipped work (blessing in disguise) because I had period cramps. Do you have it too? I get it really bad every month that I couldn't stand up and just lay in bed and cry and throw up 😂

I hope everyone's having a good day!

Don't forget to stay hydrated, stream Dynamite and Blueberry Eyes!

BE is coming soon ✨💜