Chapter 8 - Fort 🎪

"If the doll is named Annabelle, you should've known it's something not worth keeping unless you plan to sell your soul to the devil!" Yoongi's voice boomed passionately around the four walls of our living room.

We were all currently sprawled inside a fort the younger ones built.

Fairy lights dusted the roof made of blankets with hues of pink and blue, the floor covered of cushions and carefully placed bowls of chips, cookies and soda cans.

I was lying on my back, Yeontan napping on my stomach while the rest of the boys spread around the inside of the fort, in their own positions while munching the snacks Jin had brought.

"I mean, why suffer in the entire two hours of nightmare when we can just watch Harry Potter. It has also a bit of thriller." Yoongi continued.

What were they talking about? Oh right, the movie.

"Hyung, just admit you're scared," Taehyung's eyebrows wiggle as he tried to keep the older's annoyance skyrocketing.

"It's just a waste of time." I saw the older's cheeks puff as he tried to defend himself from the shame of truth which led everyone to chuckle at the obvious.

"Come on, Hyung. We need a horror film for this. It's a perfect mood." Jimin suggested.

"Stop forcing us to watch a cult, Jimin-ah," Jin interjected, pushing the younger lightly while releasing a nervous chuckle.

"It's going to be fun! We got a lot of blankets to cover you Jin-hyung and besides, we're watching together." Jungkook's grin was wide you'd think he's the devil himself.

"I'm not scared!" Jin's voice squeaked at the end leaving all of us staring at him incredulously. "I'm not, and to prove it to you, we're watching Coraline!"

"Are you kidding me? That's a children's movie," Namjoon snorted.

"That was scary!"

Hobi laughed loudly at Jin's wide eyes and reddened ears.

"How about Y/n decides what movie to watch," Jin directed to me, wanting to escape look of malice from his friends.

I was met with seven pairs of eyes, hopefully and silently asking me for world peace.

My cheeks heat up and my hand frozen on Yeontan's fur, stopping me from brushing it.

Avoiding their stares, I willed myself to make a decision.

"I don't like horror movies," I started softly. I heard Jin's relieved sigh and Yoongi's loud- "See!"

"-but..." the air was suddenly strained and they were holding their collective breath. "I wouldn't mind watching it together with you guys," a small smile played along my lips, I focused on Yeontan's peeking eyes upon waking up from his nap.

"Annabelle it is then!" Taehyung's growl made everyone jump.

Yeontan escaped from my arms and scooted itself beside my head, hiding it's small face under my pillow and hair which sprawled on the floor.

As Taehyung stood up, parting the 'door' of the fort and making it look like a window so we could all see the television, Hobi crawled and placed himself behind me.

Jin and Yoongi slowly dragged their cushions and blankets close to me.

The oldest gently patting his pillow near my legs and Yoongi trying to be comfortable above my head.

Since I was the farthest from the TV, I knew the reason why they were suddenly being clingy.

Jungkook hopped happily back to his seat after grabbing the remote, turning Netflix on and searching for 'Annabelle'.