Chapter 9

The backyard was full of butterflies today.

I stretched my legs on the grass as I raised my arms and reached for the sky.

My hand covering the harsh sunlight from blinding my eyes while I stared at the blue space with streaks of white cotton clouds.

It was a crisp day.

I wondered when the boys would be back from their grocery shopping.

Jin woke up really early today and bugged everyone to pick up supplies for the house.

We were running low especially on cereals and eggs.

Since it was too early, especially for Yoongi, they all agreed to leave in the afternoon.

Hobi was very adamant on not leaving me alone so without a doubt, Taehyung was tasked to be my bodyguard.

I looked over to the empty house and saw him sitting by the window.

His curly hair bounce lightly each time he blew on it, his chin resting on his open palm, fingers tapping on his cheeks.

Yeah, he looked bored.

His eyes gazing wearily to the empty air, mouth slightly hung open.

A flash of sudden light blinded my eyesight.

Surprised, I groaned as I bolted upright and squeezed my eyes with my knuckles.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung's alarmed voice was heard.

I blinked several times to calm the spots and the weird red film that I was seeing. My eyes stung a bit and I looked up to see that the sun ray was already above me and the light escaped through the rustling leaves.

"Hey Y/n, what happened?"

I didn't hear him come. How was he-

I was confused to see Taehyung softly padding on the grass barefoot. His breath coming in puffs, his curly hair now covering his eyes and despite it all, I was sure his eyebrows were scrunching in concern.

"Where are your slippers?" I pursed my lips to prevent from laughing.

"I-" He looked lost. His once anxious look became a face of bewilderment. He paused for a moment then looked back at the house, mouth still hanging stupidly then looked at you. "Ah. It's over there by the door.

I couldn't stop the giggle that followed. I burst out laughing, pointing at the door while placing my other palm face down on the grass to support myself from falling. " Then go and get it!"

Then my breath was taken away when I stared at him in awe, his familiar boxy smile showing as he scratched his head looking sheepish.

The sunlight perfectly struck on him making his ivory skin glow, his permed hair brushing softly against the wind and his brown sleeveless shirt hung perfectly on his toned body.

Most of the boys' forms were tricky. No doubt that they all took care of their body however, there were times when they looked small or thinner than usual. Maybe it's because they like to wear baggy clothes, they purposefully looked small by playing around or my eyes were messing with me.

This time, Taehyung looked TINY tiny.

His shy smile still frozen on his face as he turned sharply, his left leg tripped on his right but thankfully caught himself then pranced back towards the door to wear his slippers.

I decided to rest my back on the trunk, the little blades of grass tickling my ankles since I was wearing a long skirt.

The sun has shifted slightly and I was grateful that the branches were protecting me from getting blinded by it's rays.