Ch4 • At Midnight

"Kids, we're home!" Taeyong exclaims upon opening the front door. He walks in, looking around, realizing how quiet it is. Jaehyun follows closely. "Do you think they're already asleep?" he asks.

"I don't know" He mumbles, before smiling. "Do you think they actually listened to me for once?"

Jaehyun chuckles, looking up at him with sparkling eyes. "It's never too impossible, you know" He replies, as they made their way for the stairs.

On the way to the staircase, they pass the living room. There, they notice the open and glitching TV. Taeyong sighs, walking inside.

"They did go to bed on time, but didn't even bother to clean up let alone turn off the–" He stops at the sight of the controllers, and the familiar gaming console. He starts to shake uncontrollably, falling to his knees, screaming in horror.

Jaehyun and the rest of the members grow alarmed, rushing in to find out what's happening.

"Babe! What happened? Why are you..." His gaze falls to the same sight taeyong walked into, gulping. "Taeyong, get up" he says, walking up to the still shocked leader.

"Wait, maybe they got bored and didn't continue" Taeyong says, moving away from his boyfriend. "Maybe–maybe they didn't push the button" he pushes through the people piling inside the living room, running up the stairs,  with Johnny, yuta, jaehyun, doyoung and taeil follow after him. The other members were left there, still shocked. While the staff were nothing but confused.

"Mark! Lucas? Haechan?!" he calls, running through the halls. He ends up slamming one of the dream rooms open, walking into empty darkness. Panting, he runs for the next room, with the same result. He does the same for all the other rooms.

"They must be hiding, right? They knew we were on our way back home, they were probably trying to prank us, right? Yeah, that must be it" He asks, rushing down the stairs and in the middle of the house.

With tears threatening to spill from his eyes, he begins to shout. "Kids, Come out! You win! Hyung doesn't want to play games anymore!" He waited for an answer, and growls in frustration when he doesn't hear a response.

"I'm serious, guys. Come out now! Or I swear to god, I will ground you all for a year–"

Jaehyun grabs ahold of him. "Taeyong! Get ahold of yourself! It's too late. They aren't hiding, they got sucked into the game" And taeyong crumbles in his grasp, thorn right open.

"I don't understand. We-we locked it all up before leaving. I even told them to not meddle with it. The game wasn't supposed to be there. We–hid it where no one can find it. Why did they... How did they..."

"Uh, taeyong?" Johnny asks from behind them, the two look over as he continued. "I don't know if this is the right time, but uh, I might've, um, told them where the bolter cutters are?"

Taeyong stands there gawking for a second, one eye twitching in complete anger. He strides towards Johnny. "What did you say?"

"I, uh, told them where the bolter cutters ar–" he was interrupted by a hard punch landing on his cheek, making him stumble back slightly.

"Tae! Stop it!" Doyoung panics, pulling him back, as Johnny was supported by yuta and taeil.

"It wasn't just Johnny, Tae. I might have encouraged them too" Yuta says, looking down.