Ch6 • Monster For Monster

"Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit"

Xiaojun rolls his eyes at Jaemin's continuous almost religious chanting, as they ran through the shuffling maze. "Will you quit it? We won't get anywhere if you keep blabbering the same two words"

Jaemin looks back at him, still running, panting just barely. "Can you blame me? A giant gumball-looking ass monster is CHASING US. What do you want me to do? Sing Hallelujah???"

Xiaojun, now looking like a 16 year-old, rolls his eyes another time, glancing both directions, before grabbing his younger member's hand and rounding a sharp corner. Jaemin yelps at the sudden action, but was too caught up with "trying" to stay alive to complain.

"I'd suggest saving Hallelujah for later when we actually get out of this thing!" Xiaojun yells through the rumbling noises, bolting through the white walk through. "But for now, I recommend you PRAY for us to not get eaten by that mf!"

And Jaemin, ironically, did start to pray on the spot. While running and burning his lungs out, hands clasped together, shouting and blabbering nonsensical words in his 15 year old loud mouth.

"Uh, God? Or whoever is out there? I know I haven't been the most in touch with you? But I really don't wanna die yet. I have a life to live! I still need to ask out ch–I mean you can take Xiaojun instead! He's always grumpy anyways–"

Jaemin stops with a cough as soon as Xiaojun practically chokes him while they ran. "Why don't you go first, Jaemin? Since you're so willing to–"

The ground near them began to shake again, as the sound of loud rolling got closer. The two looked at each other, wide-eyed and trembling.

They whipped their heads behind them to the other end of the maze hall, feeling their blood go white at the sight. There, in its big yellow glory, was a rounded creature, the size of a range rover, with big wide crazy looking eyes, and a mouth with its tongue out, red liquid dripping from it.

They both simultaneously gulp as the monster focused each of its eyes on them, literally ready to gobble them up whole.

"H-hyung" Jaemin shakily whispers, trying his best not to move, as if it would charge for him if he even tried. "It's looking at me" he's almost on the verge of crying. Right, Young Na Jaemin used to be a sensitive little angel.

Xiaojun fought the urge to scoff at the obvious matter, knowing full well the same exact fate he would hold. "It's looking at me too, dumbass"

The brunette gulps down a cry, releasing a shaky breath. "W-what are we gonna do?"

"The only thing we can, obviously" The ravenette answers through his teeth, trying to act tough for his younger member's sake.

"Hold my hand, Jaemin" Xiaojun whispers, not breaking eye contact with the monster. Jaemin doesn't question it, younger self in very big need of comfort. Xiaojun squeezes his hand in assurance. "The corner ends are just a few steps away, we can lose this thing if we keep on turning. Wait for my signal, Kay?"

Jaemin felt a rush of thoughts cross his mind in that specific moment. And all of them wouldn't happen if he died in whatever this is. So he nodded slightly, feeling a swell of determination creeping onto his chest. A part of his present self came back, relieving his naive youth.