Ch7 • Hotzys

"I swear to god, Park Jisung, if you don't hurry the fuck up, I will–"

Jisung feels something hot behind him, eyes growing the size of saucers at the sight once he looks behind.

"Yangyang hyung, watch out–!"

Faster than he could think, he pushes him to the left, using the impact to throw himself to the opposing side. In a flash, a fire ball zooms through them, blazing in the shades of pink and blue.

It hits a large pyramid block in the middle of the maze hall, before dispersing into glowing neon pixels, Disappearing just after.

The two look at each other wide eyed, unmoving from their positions, still shocked. But before they could lie around longer, an evil giggle sounds from where the fireball came from.

They whip their heads to the cocky voice, rather, voices, and gasp, feeling their skin pale in fear. There, floating above the candy-like obstacle path a distance away from them, were three gumball looking creatures, all in different colors, with white-gloved hands connected to stick inanimate arms attached to the body, eyes and brows creased to a mischievous grin, a rounding mouth, seemingly where the fireballs came from.

"INTRODUCING, HOTZYS, THE GUMBALLS OF FIRE. BEWARE OF THEIR FIRY FURY, IT MIGHT JUST, SIZZLE YOU CRISPY!"

Yangyang wanted to roll his eyes at the lame attempt of a pun, but decided against it, aware that his life was on the line. And maybe Jisung's too.

"This is where we start running again, yeah?" He suggests, bolting ahead like earlier. Jisung doesn't waste another second, running after him.

"I thought there was only one of them!" Jisung shrieks, jumping over various pyramids coming his way, and most times sprinting around them.

Yangyang nearly stumbles on his feet, trying to land safely on the spacy ground after tripping over the tip of a pyramid. "That's what I thought too! But looks like we were both wrong, aren't we, smarty?"

"Now's not the time to make fun of my thinking capacity, hyung!" The younger blonde yells back, annoyed at the older boy's habit of never ending mockery.

The pyramids began to raise higher, bringing every chance of leaping over them even more impossible. So the two could only settle with moving around them as fast and as much as possible. Because not only have they grown higher, but also seemed to be increasing in number. It began to feel cramped and edgy inside the almost never-ending maze hall.

"Then stop telling stupid nonsense!" Yangyang finally yells back after awhile, struggling through a joint between two pyramid structures.

Jisung nearly spits something back, until a fireball merely misses him by a hair tip, passing over his head and exploding on a pile of neon tinted stones. "Oh my fucking God" he whispers to himself, jumping over a medium sized pyramid and crouching down behind it, covering his ears from another set of continues exploitons.

The older of the two, a few feet ahead, notices the absence of his group member, heart dropping once he turns to see him no longer there. He gasps, slowing down. He hears an impact behind him, head whipping towards it almost immediately.

Yangyang gawks at the sight of Jisung barely protected by the pyramid as the three satanic balls flew closer, aiming and shooting at practically anything.