Danny

"Danny!" I scream, clutching my body as I come out of the lucid dream, I'm sticky with sweat and my breath is ragged.

Wolfe boy sits bolt upright in his chair startled, his eyes wide watching me and mouth agape.

"Geez Aria, you better make some room for me on the bed, I almost died of a heart attack" he says putting his book down and giving me a lazy smile. I narrow my eyes at him and scoff loudly, like that'll ever happen Wolfe boy.

My body aches and visible goosebumps rise on my skin as I adjust myself on the flimsy bed in the nurse's office, ignoring his comment. That's when I notice my hands have been bandaged and I inspect them closely. What the hell happened? I wince as I move the bloodied bandage and see the scalding burns.

"Dammit" I mutter covering my hands again and looking up. Wolfe boy is still watching me, now with a furrowed brow. "did you need something from me? I didn't ask you to stay" I bite, trying to find a more comfortable position on the bed.

If my words hurt him, he doesn't show it. He clutches his chest in a mocking way and pouts, sticking his bottom lip out.

"Ouch Moone, I think I'd rather die from that heart attack" he says with his perfect practiced smile. When I don't say anything or react his features soften, and he clears his throat. "what happened?" his eyes are serious now; I try to avoid his gaze and answer with a shrug.

"Just a stupid dream" I say dismissing his question with a wave of my hand and my own practiced smile. I realize too late that the action aggravates the burns on my hand, and I wince. "you don't need to worry about me Wolfe, your girlfriend is probably looking for you now. You better hurry off before they find you with the weird girl"

"You're probably right" he says standing up and stretching, his shirt pulls away from his dark jeans and I watch as his muscled body tenses in all the right places. "see something you like?" he asks, a shit-eating grin on his face. Oh God, snapped! My cheeks heat up and I quickly look away.

"You wish" I mutter under my breath, inwardly slapping myself. I literally can never look at him ever again. Maybe I can do that thing with my hands like in my dream and just catch myself on fire. Yes, that's my best bet. Death by fire.

"What was that Moone?" he says trying to catch my eye as he gets to the door and leans against the frame, folding his arms across his broad chest. I can just imagine what my staring did to boost his already brimming ego, I can hear it dripping from his every word.

"Nothing Wolfe, you can go now" I say, still not meeting his eyes, instead I look out the window at the greying sky, "but thanks. For helping me before"

His grin widens and he nods. "Of course, anytime" he says, awkward silence follows until he steps up to the bedside table with my things and reaches for my phone. "here, since you never asked for it before" he starts tapping away at it. He holds his hand up and stops me before I can decline, his signature grin on his face. "Call or text me anytime Moone" he says putting it back down with my other things and moving towards the door.

"Don't count on it" I say narrowing my eyes at him. He smiles again and then he's gone. I let out a shaky breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

As I'm picking through the dream, one of the nurses come in to check on me, smiling warmly.

"Finally, you're awake, you gave your friend quite a scare" she says reaching for the bandages on my hand.

"Oh, he's not my fr-" I go to say but I'm cut off by her shocked gasp. She has removed the bandage on my left wrist now and is inspecting my palms. I go to pull away, waiting for the searing pain but realize they're not actually hurting anymore.