P1; Chapter Three; Rin

RIN

I woke up early. This was my first day at Beygoma Academy. I couldn't be late. Standing up, I brushed out the curls in my shoulder-length azure hair. I moved over to the closet, still brushing my hair, and contemplated what I should wear. I wanted to make a good first impression, but I didn't want to try too hard. Eventually, I went with my favorite dark purple hoodie, a pair of black capris with the back cut out up to the knees, fingerless black leather gloves, black ankle boots, and dangling music earrings with a matching necklace. It was comfortable and cute. I grabbed my backpack, a piece of toast, and hurried out the door. I munched on my bagel and stopped in front of the school. I pulled out a little mirror and checked my face to make sure I didn't have any crumbs on my face. Gold eyes peered at me in the mirror. After making sure my face was clean, I hurried into the school. It didn't look like anything special, but appearances were deceiving. I knew that well. I pulled out my schedule and something shoved me in the shoulder. A spiky-haired boy stopped and backtracked. He was practically bouncing off the walls with nervous energy.

"Oh, sorry about that." He said. He looked over my shoulder at my schedule and whooped in my ear. I winced. "Cool, we have the same schedule! My name is Valt Aoi, whats yours?"

"M-my names Rin Hinama. Nice to meet you Valt." I said, sticking out a hand. I was glad to have at least someone I knew.

"Hey, we can be partners in class! Follow me!" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me down the corridors. We stopped inside my homeroom. I was slightly out of breath. I looked up and saw everyone staring at me. I blushed slightly at the attention.

"Ah, Valt, late again, but you were pretty close this time." Said the teacher, a stern-looking man with black-rimmed glasses and black hair. His voice was stern, but amusement twinkled in his eyes.

"Please, sir, he was only late to help me pick up my books. I dropped them on the way to class." I said quietly. I barely knew the kid, and I was taking the blame? What was I doing? The teacher looked at me.

"Ah, our new student, Rin Hinama. Thank you for telling me that. You may sit down." He said, looking at me kindly. I took the only empty seat in the room, the one by the window. I studiously pulled out my notebook and paid attention, jotting down notes every so often. I saw Valt out of the corner of my eye. He wasn't taking notes at all but was doodling something that vaguely resembled a bay. The teacher was looking over the student's shoulders, looking at their work.

"Psst. Valt!" I hissed and elbowed him. He looked up and spotted the teacher coming his way. He hurriedly flipped to a new page and wrote down the math problem on the board. The teacher passed by and looked at Valts work, raising an eyebrow. Finally, he spoke.

"Good job, Valt. Keep this up and your grade will rise dramatically." The teacher said after a long pause. apparently Valt didn't often do work, because his classmates, who had all looked expectant, looked surprised that the teacher had praised him. I walked down the hall with Valt after class.

"Seriously Valt? You're lucky I hinted you, or else you would have gotten into trouble. Do you doodle often?" I asked, smiling a little.

"Yeah, thanks for that. I usually doodle in class, and I usually get caught..."

"Then why do you keep doing it?" I asked.

"Because I was drawing Valtryek! And Valtryek is awesome!" He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Is Valtryek your bey?"

"Yeah!" He pulled it out. "This is Valtryek."

"That doesn't look like what you were drawing at all. " I said. He pouted.