P1; Chapter Four; Valt

Valt

I looked to see Aneka standing there. She was smiling, but then she saw Rin. Her smile froze. I looked at Rin. Her face was completely smooth and blank, nothing at all like the smiling Rin she had just been. It was as if she had put on a mask.

"What are you doing here, Rin?" Aneka asked, her eyes narrowed, the smile gone.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" I asked, but it went completely ignored.

"Didn't you hear? I'm going to school here now." Rin smirked, completely at odds with the Rin she had just been. She had never smirked. Ever.

"Well, that's great." They both started forward at the same time. My gaze flicked back and forth between them as if watching a tennis rally. Their hands locked in some sort of midair arm wrestle. "If you stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours," Aneka said, a cruel smile on her lips.

"Agreed," Rin said. She won the midair arm wrestle. "You've gotten stronger, though still not strong enough." She smirked again. "Better keep working." They let go of the hands of each other. Rin turned away and started walking away without saying a word.

"But... but... I haven't even gotten to battle with you! You have to battle to become an official member!" I yelled after her. She didn't actually have to, but she didn't know that. She stopped but didn't turn. After a moment of silence, she spoke.

"Alright then. Let's battle." She turned and raised an eyebrow playfully. "That is if you can keep up." There was the Rin I knew. The one that was always smiling and laughing.

"Ha! That won't be a problem." I said and grabbed her wrist, dragging her to the stadium.

"Valt, wait!" I stopped and looked at her. "I left my bey in my backpack. It's downstairs."

"Why is it downstairs?" I asked, confused.

"You dragged me off before I could get it, remember?" She said and laughed at my expression. "Don't worry, you won't have to wait long. You just prepare yourself, cause I'm gonna win!" She said, still laughing. She hurried off to get her bay. She had better hurry...