The Cold Shoulder - Chapter 4

After I finish closing, my shift is over. So at Eleven in the evening I go to the parking lot, turn my car on Idle so I can Bluetooth my phone and play some music, then I get out my bong. I was going to talk to Jenny or whatever her name was, but I think they left to go home an hour ago sadly. So after hitting my bong and realizing my weed and tobbaco stash is running really low, I decide to head home.

When going to floor 4, the floor our room is on, I walk in the elevator and it doesn't stop on my floor. That just means that somebody else is getting on, so no problem. So to avoid talking to probably some methhead, I whip out my phone and look through some memes Richard sent me over the last couple days. When avoiding eye contact though, we stopped on another floor, floor three, for even more people. Great, just what I needed. A fucking elevator orgy. So I move over to let the entire family in, but I feel somebody touch my shoulder. I look up and was about to tell them to move away before I beat their ass until I see who it is... It's Jenny! Fuck, I got to think of something to say!
Me: Ay! Yo, don't you work at Pizza Slut?
Fuck that was a bad introduction, now I sound like a stalker.
Jenny: Uh, yeah. I just started working there
Me: I started working last year. I take the late shift
Jenny: Oh yeah, me too! How come I haven't seen you there yet?
Me: I mean, I don't know actually. I guess I take to many deliveries and maybe it's because I'm always at the cashier
Jenny: Hmm... Whatever I guess. Wait why are you here then?
Me: What? Oh, I live here. On floor four
Jenny: Oh same! Me and my sister Serena are on floor four as well!
Me: That's a wierd coincidence
Jenny: The more you know I guess
I do a small laugh before moving this conversation up one
Me: So you want to hang out some time? Get a drink at the Zen Garden?
Jenny: Shit, I'm actually twenty. I can't drink there yet
Me: Shit I remember when I was twenty, I would have my roommate but a bunch of drinks, then we would get drunk off our asses!
She laughs. Then the elevator stops on floor four. Everybody gets out. Including Jenny.
Me: So which room are you in? I'm in that room
Jenny: Room sixty-nine? Oh my God that's lucky
Me: Fucking crazy coincidence am I right?
Jenny: Yeah that's funny! But I have to do my homework, see you later... What was your name again?
Me: Shit, sorry. I'm Jake
Jenny: I'm Jenny. Catch you later Jake
She smiles and then unlocks her room and then goes inside. Damn that ass.

I walk into my room and get me some Pizza. It's really the only thing we have since we both work at Pizza Slut so we can bring some boxes home for free sometimes. I heat up three slices, and then sit down on the living room couch. Rick and Marigold is on, it's one of my favorite shows. It's Richard most favorite show on television right now he says. In the middle of watching an old episode again, Richard Walks in.
Me: What's up man
Richard: oh nothing, accept the fact I just got a bitch at the bar!
Me: Dude, your fucking hilarious
Richard: For real! Her name is Ella and I think I'm going to ask if she wants to come over
Me: Oh god, remind me to blast music so I ain't gotta hear that
Richard laughs.
Richard: No, it's just going to be us watching a movie or something, nothing sexual
I give him that look thats like: I see through your shit dude
Richard: Seriously! We just gonna chill out and nothing sexual is going to happen between us! Yet...
Me: That's what I thought
We laugh and then watch another Rick And Marigold episode. It's a good ass show.

I wake up the next morning, and instantly get on Grand Theft Apple.
After I fail at a deathrun map in online mode, I go out there and eat some cereal with Richard likes usual. We finish another episode, and he leaves to go to class like usual. That's why I don't like school, it doesn't let you have free will. It takes up to much damn time to do anything there. Fuck school.

Later in the day I go to work and talk to Jenny. After talking for a bit, I see if she wants to come over.
Me: Yeah, you wanna come hang at my place tonight?
Jenny: Tonight?
Me: Sure, or whenever you'd like
Jenny: Well tonight I have to study for an exam, but tommorow night I'm free!
Me: Bet, since we both live in the same apartment, neither of us will have trouble forgetting where the other one lives
She laughs. But can you see why school eats ass? This is why I dropped out! Actually it was because I got held back and I only got F's and D's so...