I've been waiting

Keith grabbed a patch of layered gauze and a plain, antibacterial cream. Keith walked back into the room, carefully smearing the cream over the irritated area. This created a sticky surface for the gauze and Keith carefully placed the gauze to cover the full area. He grabbed a small amount of sports tape to attach the gauze more securely and admired his handy work. “It will be gone soon baby.” Keith says, kissing Lance over the gauze and changing into sweats and taking off his shirt. Keith pulled the covers over them, and Lance and shifted closer to Keith as well. Lance looked peaceful and comfortable, unlike the past few nights. It was good for the both of them.  

When Lance’s alarm clock went off Keith woke up first, then Lance. “Ow, Keith what the hell is on my face?” Lance asks, reaching up and feeling the bandages. 

“I covered the burn last night so it didn’t get aggravated. I just put a simple balm over it and some bandages. Does it really hurt? Let me see it.” Keith says, pulling Lance’s hand down and seeing the bandages again. 

“It stings, it’s probably just the burn itself though.” Lance says, flashing Keith a weak smile as he moved the raven’s hand to his chest. We can deal with it later.” Lance says as he goes to stand up. 

Keith stops him, grabbing his thigh, so the brunette can’t stand up. “Let me take a look, I can reapply the balm and some new wrappings. I would also whip it over with a wet face cloth to make sure it’s clean.” Keith says, tightening his grip. 

Lance shivered at the touch, but nodded. Signalling that Keith was allowed to take care of Lance's wound. Keith carefully peeled the tape off the bandages, the wrappings still holding onto the wound. Keith slowly started to peel off the gauze, but it was sticking to the brunette’s skin. Lance winced as Keith pulled it off, but when it was off Keith could see it had gotten worse. 

“Ow-is it any better?” Lance asks, clenching his hands in pain.

“It’s ok, it looks a little more raw, but I would say we give it a little more time.” Keith says, hovering his fingers over the raw skin. Let me get a towel to clean it.” Keith says, getting up to grab a towel from the bathroom. Lance sat patiently while Keith came back with the hot, damp towel. “Look over here.'' Keith says, gesturing for Lance to turn his head slightly. 

Lance turned his head so Keith could more easily see the burn. Keith gently patted the warm towel over the raw skin, and Lance winced with each touch. “This hurts like hell.” Lance says, pained. 

“I know, just a little more, then a simple balm and a dressing. Anyways, we’ve been through worse.'' Keith says, laughing.

“Ya, when fighting the galra, and then we can just step into a healing pod, and poof.” Lance says, speaking more with his hands. 

“Well, just pretend a galra did this.” Keith says, placing the towel down on the nightstand, it had a light pinkish red color. From blood. 

"Well, you did it to me, so more like when we train." Lance says laughing. 

"Ya, I know. I'm sorry about that again." Keith says going into the bathroom and getting the bandages and balm. 

"Don't apologise, it's my fault for trying out so many masks, I should probably cut down." Lance says, laughing. 

"Ya, your addiction got to you." Keith says, just laughing as he starts to address Lance's wound. “Hopefully you don’t go through face mask or skin care withdrawal.” 

Lance rolls his eyes and does his best to stay still while Keith finishes wrapping the wound. "I mean I've been through a heat, so face mask withdrawal will be fine. As long as I'm still with you." Lance says, smiling in pain.