Chapter 28: Monster

TIME LEFT BEFORE THE POISON SPREADS IN KWANGSOO'S BODY
51'41"

The detectives were looking around the villages trying to find the 3 flares but they have no idea where to start.

"Could it be places with a mask?" Sehun asked as Jaewook agreed.

>Let's investigate houses with masks

"Oh? The masks disappeared?"

>The masks have disappeared

The detectives walking around the island noticed that the masks on the houses have disappeared and nowhere to be seen.

Minyoung, Sejeong and Y/n walked into one of the houses and noticed that there are talismans replacing the masks

The three of them met up with Jaewook and Sehun and they shared information about the mask disappearance and the sudden appearance of the mask.

"There's something up there!" Y/n exclaimed as the team of 5 noticed noises and fire coming out from the top of the mountain.

"I think they are having their ancestral rite now." Minyoung said

>It's the ancestral rite

"Let's head over." Jaewook said as they headed up

"That means the houses are completely empty now." Sejeong said as Minyoung agreed with her.

Sehun and Y/n walked slightly behind the group as the two of them chatted with each other.

Sehun outstretched his hand signalling for Y/n to hold his hand while Y/n smiled cheekily thinking of an idea. Y/n slip her hand into his as a small smile tugged Sehun's lips.

She then begin to pull her hand away slyly as she tried to run to the other three detectives ahead of them.

But it seemed as though as Sehun knew of her idea and quickly tighten his grip around her fingers, tugging her closer to him, not allowing her to escape from him. "It's too late to run away, you're mine now." Sehun said as he smirked looking at the younger girl making eye contact.

He then place their interlocked hands into his jacket and continued walking as he smirked. The younger girl's mind was in a haze and blushed. What does he mean by mine?

The group of five continued their journey up the mountain and saw many people wearing their masks, holding the fire torches, dancing around with music and drums from afar.

AN ANCESTRAL RITE FOR THE VAMPIRE GOD

>Where are the flares?

"Oh! Hyung!" Jongmin called out for Jaesuk as Jaewook and Sehun who were nearby heard it as well.

>There is a calendar that seems to indicate a location

"There's a X on the calendar in the map." Jongmin informed

>The middle of the island