Me, a princess?

***********************************************************************************************

As a little girl, I always dreamed of castles, palaces, crowns, balls, ball gowns... Stories our mothers read to us for a good night. Stories about princesses and princes living happily ever after. My name is Sofia Mileva and this is my story.

-------------------------------------------

I was born in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, as a daughter to Antoni Milev and Hristina Mileva. My father died in a car crash just a few months after my first birthday. I was very close to my mother, I was her only child, but sometimes I felt like she was hiding something from me. And the secret that was kept from me for many years, came out on my 21st birthday.

Mama:  София, трябва да ти кажа нещо ...
               (Sofia, I need to tell you something...) 

Me: Кажи ми

(Tell me)

Mama: Вие сте принцеса, наследница на трона.
              (You are a princess, heir to the throne.)

At this moment, my heart stopped. I could say anything. I was standing there for a few seconds before my mother said another sentence that struck me even harder.

Mama: Трябва да отидете в Англия. Ще срещнете баба си там и тя ще ви научи на всичко, което трябва да знаете. И след това ще се запознаете с бъдещия си съпруг.
             (You need to go to England. You'll meet your grandmother there and she'll teach you everything you need to know. And after that you'll meet your future husband.)

Me: Съпруг?
      (Husband?)

Mama: Да, ще ви заведа при баба ви, но след това ще се върна в България.
             (Yes, I will take you to your grandmother, but after that, I will come back to Bulgaria.)

Me: Чакай, но България не е царство, как мога да бъда кралица на република ...
        (Wait, but Bulgaria is not a kingdom, how can I be a queen to a republic...)

Mama: Не казах че ще си кралица на България.
             (I did not say that you're going to be a queen of Bulgaria.)

Me: Кралица на какво? Коя страна? И най-важното, кой ще бъде мой съпруг?

     (Queen to what? Which country? And most importantly, who is going to be my husband?)

Mama: О, скъпо мое дете, не знам. Трябваше само да ти дам най-доброто образование и да те запазя.
          (Oh, my dear child, I do not know. I only needed to give you the best education and keep you safe.)

Me:  И получавате пари за това нали?    
         (And you get money for that right?)

She just looked at me, but from her look, I knew that that was the truth. My heart broke into millions of pieces. I was only happy that I will not look at this woman again after I meet with my grandmother. This woman lied to me for 21 years, but for what? For money?

----------------------------------

The next morning...

I packed my things and dressed up in one of my most beautiful and formal dresses. I know that this flight won't be long, but I can't look at Hristina's eyes. I was so disappointed in her. 

Hristina: Готова ли си? Планът ни заминава за два часа.
                 (Are you ready? Our plan is leaving in two hours.)

Ja: Да. Но имам едно желание.
     (Yes. But I have one wish.)

Hristina:  Всичко, което искате...
                 (Anything you want...)

Ja:  В онези стари книги, които четях, принцесата винаги имаше своите дами. И искам да взема двама мои приятели ...
     (In those old books I was reading, the princess always had her ladies. And I want to take two of my friends...)

Hristina: Петра и Ана?
                (Petra and Ana?)

Ja: Да!

(Yes!)

Hristina:  Както искате ... 
                 (As you wish...)

Petra and Ana were very excited about this trip. They love the royal fashion and fashion icon, Kate Middleton. Most of the English royal family is going to welcome us. Maybe this is not going to be such a tragedy. The only thing that I fear the most, is my future husband.

Me, going to be queen. I can't believe that...

***********************************************************************************************

As you can see, this story is not going to be only in English. I will try to use as many languages as I can. Of course, I don't speak only English and the only help I can get is from google translater, so if you speak any of these languages sorry about mistakes, and if you want to, you can help me improve this story by helping me correct mistakes. English is still going to be the main language.

---------------------------------------------------- 

Princess Sofia I- Lani Baker

Hristina Mileva- Teodora Duhovnikova 

Petra Pimenova- Alisha Boe

Ana Konstantinova- Ellie Bamber