I promised you a crown

***********************************************************************************************

The clock ticked throughout the room. The room was full of people who were important to the rule of the country. I sat in front of Nicolas at a large table. Around me sat another general, Sir George, the commander and many others. This is my first time at a meeting like this, and when I become queen I will have a lot of them. In front of us was a map of the whole of Austria. It was just the beginning of the meeting, and no one had anything to say. Nicolas said he was waiting for an answer from Rome. And if all goes well, I will sit next to Nicolas at the next meeting, and Sir George will sit in my place. I was uncomfortable in such silence, but I did not dare to say anything.

General: Your highness, are you sure that princess is ready for the crown?

The general asked a little uncertainly.

Nicolas: I am sure. She will make a great leader. Right, Sofia?

Me: Ye... yes.

I was unsure of my words, but if Nicolas believes I'm ready, I guess I'm ready.

Nicolas: See. She is ready. I believe in her.

I do not know when we became so close. There is still some negative energy between us, but we put that aside. We concentrated more on showing how harmonious we were. I still have not seen him as a partner. I have seen him as a friend, I even think it is a lot to say he is my friend. He was more like an acquaintance. Only the day passed when we were on that date. Ana's words were still running through my head. Nicolas said he loved me, but the problem is that he did not say that to me.

Nicolas: It is only fifteen minutes into the meeting, and I think that we are done for this week. Everything is going well, we do not have problems with Germany or Russia, we will soon unite with Norway and Sweden, and God willing, we will soon have a queen. This is a beginning of something epic! God bless Austria!

Everyone: God bless Austria!

--------------------------

After the meeting...

I was standing in front of a large window with a view of a beautiful garden with Ana and Peter. I saw Nicolas and approached him.

Me: Do you really think that Russia will cooperate with us one day?

Nicolas: Hey, you do not have to worry about that.

Me: Nicolas, I do not worry about myself, but about you, if they start a war you will be obliged to go to the battlefield and fight.

Nicolas: Do not worry about me.

Me: It isn't only you, what about our children, your heirs?

Nicolas: Once again, I will make sure to keep you safe and one day our children too.

Me: Everything is going too well, something will surprise you, maybe something that will destroy your kingdom.

Nicolas: Hey, hey, do not worry.

He hugged me.

Nicolas: You will be safe, I promise.

Me: I am not scared of war. You do not have enough soldiers to fight Russia.

Nicolas: That is why kings from Norway and Sweden are coming today. We will unite with them, like Bulgaria will with Hungary. The spanish king said that they would always be a support to Austria. We are making an empire, even greater from Russia and Germany will fall in our hands. Austria will be the biggest empire in Europe.