Like a queen

***********************************************************************************************

We arrived in London very quickly. A black Mercedes was waiting for us at the airport.

Hristina:  Готови ли сте да се запознаете с истинското си семейство?
                 (Are you ready to meet your real family?)

I didn't answer.

Petra:  О, сигурен съм, че е много развълнувана.
            (Oh, I am sure that she's very excited.)

Ana:  Но, това е ново за нея. Искам да кажа, нервен съм, не мога да си я представя.

      (But, this is new to her. I mean, I am nervous, I can't imagine her.)

Hristina:  Виждам...
                 (I see...)

The rest of the trip to Buckingham palace was quiet. Petra and Ana were very excited. Hristina tried to begin a conversation with me, but I didn't answer any of her questions.

Finally, we arrived at Buckingham Palace. We entered a beautiful front yard. Full of flowers and trees. In front of the big doors, almost the whole royal family was waiting for us. They managed to keep this a secret so no paparazzi were there.

Queen Elizabeth II was in the middle, her husband next to her. On his left side were Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children, also Duke and Duchess of Sussex. On the queen's right side were Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, following with Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, Princess Alexandra, Prince Michael and his wife. 

Queen Elizabeth II:  Добре дошли в нашата красива страна ...
                                      (Welcome to our beautiful country...)

Me: Your majesty (I bowed down), I speak and understand English very well.

Queen Elizabeth II: That is very good, but I assume your ladies do not speak English, Ms Mileva does not speak English too.

Me: I do not care...

She was silent for a few seconds but eventually continued.

Queen Elizabeth II: I think you know why you are here. As countries are becoming monarchies, Bulgaria is going to become one too.

Me: It is my honour to become Bulgaria's queen.

Queen Elizabeth II: Oh, no. Girls can't take a country. You can only become a queen by marrying a king.

Me: How are You a queen then, but your husband is a prince.

Queen Elizabeth II: You will understand everything after you meet your family. But first, meet my family.

I met almost everyone and when I was about to meet Duchess of Cambridge, she said something that confused me.

Duchess of Cambridge: It is a pleasure meeting you, uncrowned princess Sofia.

Me: Excuse me, uncrowned Princess Sofia?

Duchess of Cambridge: My apologies...

Queen Elizabeth II: Do not apologize, Duchess, Sofia is still uncrowned.

Me: When will I be crowned?

Queen Elizabeth II: When you get married.

When I met every person there, we went inside. In front of the biggest fireplace was standing an old lady and a little boy.

Queen Elizabeth II: It is finally time to meet someone your blood.

Me: Grandmother?

Old lady: Welcome my child.

I hugged her and shed a tear. I didn't want to let her, but I needed to get to know her.

Grandmother: Sofia, my name is Pavlina, Countess of Dobrich. I am your grandmother. (She invited a little boy) And this is your brother, Dimitar, prince of Sofia.

Me: I never knew I had a brother. (I hugged him even stronger than my grandmother.) I can't believe I am with my family, my blood.

Grandmother: Not for long. We need to get you ready for your wedding. And you need to call me a lady grandmother.

Me: Can I know who is my future husband? Is the modern world slowly becoming medieval? Where are my parents?

Grandmother: Your future husband is King Nicolas III of Vienna. His mother, Catherina of Salzburg will be waiting for you at the airport in Vienna. About your parents... we will talk about that later, after dinner.

Me: Is he kind? Am I going to be a good wife?

Grandmother: The modern world is slowly becoming like middle ages, which means king can do whatever he wants with his queen, but don't worry, you will be great queen, wife, and hopefully a mother soon. The world changed so much, too many countries are monarchies now, and Russia is becoming an Empire, but now, Sweden and Siberia are joining it. But, enough with politics, just relax now, and I know you will manage this, with the help of your ladies.

Me: Okay, I believe you. But, what about my brother? Is Dimitar going to be a king of Bulgaria then?

Grandmother: Barbara, the princess of Szeged is promised to him. Hungary and Bulgaria are going to merge again. Bulgaria and Hungary might become an Empire once again. When he turns 18, he will be sent to his homeland and start an empire with his wife.

Me: I can't wait for that to happen. But, I want to hear about my parents right after dinner.

Queen Elizabeth II: Sofia, go and get ready for dinner.

Me: I am going to get to know the palace first.

My ladies and I left.

Queen Elizabeth II: I do not like her, she thinks she has the right to do what she wants. She is very pretentious, like, like...

Grandmother: Like a queen?

They both smiled.

***********************************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think about this story.

--------------------------------------------------

Pavlina, Countess of Dobrich- Candice Azzara

Dimitar, prince of Sofia- Jetzen Ramirez

Barbara, princess of Szeged- Summer Fontana