He is weak, weak in words.

***********************************************************************************************

Mariella was wiping the blood from my face, and I was thinking, as always. Sometimes I really think a lot, but like my grandmother told me I think fast and thoughtless. I did not have to think about anything anymore. I decided. I have to change. If he does not change, I will change, I will play his game. The next time he hits or insults me, he will regret it. Angela burst into the room.

Princess Angela: Oh, dear. I saw what happened. Are you okay?

Me: How did you know he hit me?

Princess Angela: I know what he is like, Sofia. I did not think he would spare you after that. His ego is now damaged. You may have thought he hated you, but now you will see what hate really is.

Me: I blew it all up. I just thought we were going to get closer.

Princess Angela: Do not blame yourself for that. The only person for his behavior is me. I was not by his side when he needed me. He needs to change. 

Me: I am going to play his game.

Princess Angela: This is not a game. Do not get lost.

I nodded. 

Princess Angela: I will teach him a lesson, next time he will regret it. He needs to know that...

Me: Violence does not show that he is powerful, but that he is weak, weak in words.

Princess Angela: Exactly.

------------------------------

Nicolas' room... (Nicolas' POV)

I was furious. I know I should not have done that. I have to calm down. I do not want to be my brother. I am better than that. I heard the door open...

Aunt Angela: Are you out of your mind!?

Nicolas: I know, I screwed up

Aunt Angela: You should not have hit her. Do you really think she will forgive you? You do not know how powerful the Bulgarian army is. You have never seen such a force. They will do anything for Elizabeth's daughter. She was loved, which means that her children are also loved. You married Sofia for peace, and you only provoke war, nothing else. If you want a war, you will get it, but remember, you will lose such a war. Once again that I heard you hit her or insulted her, I, personally, will go to Bulgaria and tell everything to her people!

Nicolas: I tried...

Aunt Angela: Tried what?

Nicolas: Lady Aunt, I tried to love her, I really did. 

Aunt Angela: And you prove it by beating her up? Are you aware of how this could have ended? You could have lost the kingdom, your country.

Nicolas: How can I fix this?

Aunt Angela: Make her queen as soon as possible!

Nicolas: You know I can not do that. 

Aunt Angela: Find a way!

After talking to my aunt, I was even angrier. Who she thinks she is. I am a king and I can do what I want, how I want, who I will love and respect, and who I will hate. I'll have Lady Alva for the night, I don't care. I can have any woman in the country, and she wants me to be loyal to one I don't even love. I left the room and walked down the halls, looking for Lady Alva. Luckily for me, I found her near my room. I approached her, grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. She didn't turn me down. We walked slowly to my room, not stopping to kiss.

------------------------------

My room... (Sofia's POV)

Mariella: I am sorry what happened to you today. I should have been with you.

Me: Everything is fine. From now on, he will see how that game is played. 

Mariella: I must tell you that the king's mother is coming in two days, her absence has been shortened. If she sees that you let your ladies go without her permission, she will be angry.

Me: Please let them know they are leaving for Austria on the first flight.

Mariella: Yes, your majesty. Good night.

Me: Good night, Mariella.

Hours and hours passed, I couldn't sleep. I decided to go to Nicolas and try to talk to him. I put on my robe over my nightgown and went quietly to his room. I hesitated to open the door, I don't think he wants to talk, as always. I stood in front of the door for a few minutes. I decided to open them. When I opened them I had something to see. He was in bed with that whore, Lady Alva. They didn't even notice I came in. I hurried out of the room and sat down in tears in front of his door. Why am I crying for him? How can I do this to myself? I just said I would change, but I think he's my weakness. I don't want to be weak. I got up, wiped away my tears, and went back into the room, slamming the door behind me. They both turned to me.

Me: I see this night has become even more fun for you. How good it is to be a king, do not worry about anything, you can do whatever you want, and people still respect you. You must live a dream.

Nicolas: About tonight...

Me: Oh no, you don not have to justify yourself. You know, someone gave me advice to show you who you are, maybe I should not have done anything, you proved it yourself. I will not bother you anymore, enjoy the rest of the night.

I turned and left the room.

Nicolas: Sofia! Please, wait... You know what, who cares, leave! Just try asking if I care one more time.

***********************************************************************************************