Keep your words for your whores

***********************************************************************************************

I sat and waited for my ladies. The morning sun illuminated the entire room, and the smell of freshly baked rolls spread throughout the room. I read the book and waited for Mariella to bring the tea.

Mariella: The tea is ready, I can bring you fresh fruit if you want.

Me: Thanks Mariella, but this is enough. You can have breakfast now. Petra and Ana will arrive soon. Please let me know if you get a letter from my grandmother.

Mariella: Of course.

I waited patiently for Petra and Ana, but unfortunately, I had another guest.

Nicolas: Good morning Sofia.

Me: Of course it is good. And I believe you had a good night.

I did not even look away from the book.

Nicolas: Do you have to start right away?

Me: You started it first, on the first day we met, remember?

I was still looking at the book hesitating to look him in the eye.

Nicolas: I started, but you could have finished. 

I ignored him

Nicolas: Sofia, look at me!

I ignored him once again

Nicolas: I am sorry!

His words caught my attention. I looked him in the eye, they looked so sad.

Me: What did you say?

Nicolas: I am sorry. 

No, I can not fall for him again.

Me: Look at that, sir "I have a big ego", apologizes.

Nicolas: Yes. I do.

Me: For what? You can not just say "I am sorry" for everything. You know, keep your words to Lady Alva, or any other whore you have. I do not care. Have fun. Isn't running the country just fun? 

Nicolas: I am serious. And, you are going on my nerves now. So please, just accept the apology.

Me: As I said, keep your words for your whores. Do not even pay attention to me, after all I am just your decoration.

Nicolas: Why are you playing this game?

Me: You know what, I have a new game. Listen to how it is played. You turn 180 degrees, go to the door, open it, go out, close it and then you can do whatever you want, because your life has no rules, and by God, I will not have them once you give me the crown. Do not even try to threaten that I will not get the crown, you know I have to, otherwise your country will fall under Germany, and I will make sure that your lineage never sits on the throne again. Was I clear?

Nicolas: You're smarter than you look. But you can not threaten me.

Me: Think again. Remember the Bulgarian army ... Oh yes, back in 1856. We won once, and do not think that we will give in to you another time.

Nicolas: You will regret threatening me.

Me: Try me. Once again.

He left without an answer. I think I exaggerated a bit, but I am slowly learning that his game has no rules, and there are no limits. I went back to the book and heard the door open again.