Draco- Chapter 7

A/N: This chapter contains suicidal thoughts and descriptions. Please do not read if it will disturb you in any way. There is a summary in the Author's note at the bottom.

I shouldn't be worried about Granger. She should mean nothing to me.

But I can't stop thinking about her. 

No. I mustn't think like that. I am Draco Malfoy. I am a pureblood. That is all that matters.

But is it?

Does anything even matter?

After I leave Granger, I go back to the kitchen, with the intention to make her some food. I find myself drawn to one of the drawers, and I slowly walk closer to it, reaching for the handle. I open it, and stare at what's inside. 

A knife.

Silver and polished, shining under the lights. It looks sort of... beautiful. Tempting. I think about what it would look like with my blood on it. 

"What are you doing?"

I whip my head around, guilt written all over my face. Granger stands in the doorway, her arms crossed around her tiny frame. 

"N-nothing," I stutter slightly, and hope she doesn't notice.

"I'm going to bed," she states. 

"Ok," I say dismissively, too busy imagining the hot, red liquid staining the knife.

It's only 5 minutes later that I realise.

She didn't eat anything.

"Damn it," I whisper to myself, already moving towards the bedroom. 

"Gra-" I start to call out, but stop when I see her. 

Her tiny form is huddled under the sheets, curled in a fetal position. If I stay still, I can hear her breathing in time with the rise and fall of her body. 

I find myself walking closer, marveling at her sleeping form. 

No.

I should not find any beauty in a mudblood. 

I should hate her.

I should be repulsed by her. 

So why am I not?

Why do I find myself inexplicably drawn to her?

I watch her sleep for a while, but when she starts to stir, I slowly back out of the room, closing the door behind me. 

Stupid me.

If she realises I was there, watching her, it will be bad. Very very bad. She can't find out that I think about her, that I want to look after her, that, for some reason, I find myself unable to stay away from her. 

That I care about her. 

I shouldn't.

There are so many things that I am, that I shouldn't be. 

Cruel. Vile. Repulsive. Monstrous.

Alive.

Yes, that's it. 

Deserve

To 

Die.

I walk back into the kitchen, and see something glistening on the table. 

The knife. 

I pick it up.