- How you's met - Part 2

River Song -

You have been travelling with the Doctor for some time now and knew that when he was acting a little more strange than usual, it usually meant that he was most liked hiding something from you.

He was fidgeting around with his controls and felt your gaze on him however ignored this and continued with what he was doing.

You let out a loud sigh that sounded harsher than it was meant to be.

The Doctor snapped his attention to you and came over to see what was wrong. He looked at you, changing glances from eye to eye as if scanning them to figure out what was bugging you.

"Are you alright?" He asked, looking at you intensely.

"I'm fine," You paused to move and stand elsewhere.

"The question is. Why have you been acting strange?" You asked, turning to face him fully.

The Doctor removed his gaze from you and fell silent. He looked off into the distance and thought of what to say. It wasn't like the Doctor to take his time in answering you. So why all of a sudden now?

"I've been wanting to introduce you to a friend of mine for a while now. But the thought of you hating each other, dreads me," The Doctor says making you furrow your brows in confusion.

"Okay...and Why bring this up now?" You ask.

"Because... She's on her way here now," The Doctor said causing your face to drop and your heart to sink.

'She?' You thought.

The person you were to meet is a girl with the Doctor knowing fine well how awkward you get around them.

Your nerves began to show which almost immediately caught his attention. He notices your change in behaviour and came over to you to take your hand in his. His touch was mellow and always delicate. It was like he was afraid to hurt you.

"Hey, hey. Don't be scared," The Doctor said scanning you with his green pools.

"You have nothing to be afraid of," he insists.

Just as he said this, a noise was heard in the background before a female appeared holding onto her wrist as it held some kind of watch.

"Hello sweetie," The woman spoke with a cheeky smile playing on her lips.

When she saw you poking your head out from behind him, her expression changed and she fell silent.

The Doctor looked in between you two and awkwardly stood back.

"River, this is {Y/n}," The Doctor says glancing back at you who stood there speechless.

"And {Y/n}... this is Dr River Song," The Doctor said, now looking back at River who seemed to be doing the same as you.

You snapped out from your trance and put on your best smile.

"Pleasure to meet you," You said awaiting her response. Her lips soon turned up into a smile, matching yours.

"Pleasure is all mine," She smirks, glancing over your figure and winking.