[25] The decision of broken souls

Was that moment of joy nothing but the calm before the last piece of my sanity tore away?
-Y/N

||♪||

Everyone returned to the docks. Yona and the gang watched the females run back into the arms of their families. Pirates laughing and celebrating with each other. Families laughing heartily. Yona was leaning her head on her crossed arms which were placed on the railings.

Everyone was happy, in a joyous mood. When Yona and Yun went down the ship they was instantly approached by Hak, Kija and Jae-ha. They kept talking and Hak and Kija were torturing the poor merchents when they saw the bruises on Yona and Yun.

However amidst all this crowd two people were missing.

||♪||

Rue and Ken watched everyone from the top of the mast, where they were standing. Ken glanced at the neon eyed female beside him. She was leaning against the mast and looking down. All traces of the smile was gone.

"Darling. It's time." He said with his voice low.

"I know, Ken. I know. But..." Rue hesitated slightly. Her eyes dead set on the red haired female.

"They are a good and reliable bunch. They will take good care of her." He says while crossing his arms.

"That's not it." She stands up straight.

"Then?"

"In this tragedy of war and power I don't want her and them to lose their smiles. But one way it can be prevented. The only way it can be prevented." Her eyes bore into Ken's. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"In the end this is what we have to do. The only option that we are left."

"Yeah."

"Ken? What is your next goal?"

He smirked at female and bent to her level a bit. "You know. My vengeance is finally finished. I'll will move away from here, far away where the claws of our past can't reach me. However," He grins at her.

"However?" She questions back in amusement.

"However, I do think that I can effort to stay back and annoy you for a few days." He is playfully hit on his shoulder by Rue.

"You! Have you learnt nothing? And what do you mean stay back? Go already you sight for sore eyes." She crossed her arms.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! That hurt, you demon! What are your arms made off? Steel?" He rubs his shoulder whining.

"Yeah yeah. Just go already." Her voice dimmed a little and it didn't go unnoticed by Ken. He put his hand on her shoulder causing her neon eyes to stare into his yellow ones.

"Hey, it's fine. We did it. Now they can rest in peace."

"It's just..." She trailed off staring into the distance. He waited for her to continue.

"We were about to get married. We were so happy! We planned that Kiara would be the maid of honor and you would lead me to the altar and he would take me from you. I had only dream Ken. Only one. Have my own family with the one I love. And when I finally was about to fulfil my dream it shattered." She laughs blankly.