Caught (fluff)

This is a short, cute Convex fluff bc they're adorable.

Words: 600
______________________________________

I stood at the entrance of Cub's pyramid, spying behind the edge of a corner. I was waiting for Cub to finally go to bed, to be able to continue my little pranks I started a while ago...

Basically, I sneaked away his phone when he didn't see, and changed this homescreen to some "beautiful" pictures of him. He didn't always like it, which I cannot understand, I really liked the photo of him I made when he joined The Grey Skins in Demise.

He after his death, we had to dress him up well for Mr. Innevetable. Of course thanks to some clever admin stuff from X, our skin became grey for sometime until the game is over, but we had to wear some funny masks and costumes, just for the sake of the fun. He was struggling with the Vex mask for too long, his beard was messed up, his grey hair all over his face while the Vex mask wasn't sitting right on his face too.

I thought he was honestly soo cute, but I was that idiot who still didn't confess, so I just teasingly took a picture from him.

But now, he finally went to bed, I sneaked in the large hall inside the build, scanning the area for his phone. It layed on the side of his bed, next to his face, so I had to be extra cautious. I made my way next to him as quietly as possible, taking his phone in my hands carefully, not to wake my sleeping boyfriend.

I woke up the screen, and tried to guess the password, which wasn't hard, Cub didn't choose a very difficult one to guess, after five minutes I found out it was cake in Vex language. How original... although only I and him knew Vex on the server, maybe X knows a bit too, but he wouldn't ever think of trying to spy on any of the hermits.

I was going to open his messages to get the picture sent by me, but then his current background caught my eye. It was a really lovely picture of us, on a picnic date, Cub resting his head on my shoulder looking at me more than the camera, while I pulled a hand through his soft grey hair.

I stared at the photo for more than I should have, but I didn't have the heart to change that picture of is together, it was just something that meant so much for me, I couldn't change it.

"So no new background today?" I hear a muffled grunt from the bed next to me.."Wait you're awake?" I said, scared, jumping from the suddenness of him speaking.

"Have been since my phone's brightness woke me up" he said looking at me. "You have to try better next time" he winked, I could faintly get it out from the darkness.

"Well, then next time" I said standing up, wanting to go back to my driller when he caught my wrist. "You won't escape tonight, you're sleeping with me" he laughed, pulling me to his bed from my arm. "It's too late for you to fly back to Bob anyways"

I lied down in the bed next to Cub, him wrapping his strong arms around me that I could not escape, not that I really wanted to. It was good spending time with him after we were so busy with projects, nowadays.

"Goodnight Cubby" I whispered, burying my face in his chest, grappling his pyjama to pull him closer.

"Sleep well love," he says, I can feel his smile through his words.

______________________________________

While waiting for next chapter check out RenDogo 's Hermitcraft book, they're an amazing writer so read their book!