chapter 2

The sun set and it slowly became night. Carina should ring the doorbell every minute now. Maya walked up and down her corridor repeatedly. Her mind was filled with many thoughts, she didn't know rather she should be excited or worried about the upcoming conversation. She has everything prepared: spaghetti with her mother's famous tomato sauce, candles and she even bought wine...white wine! It was the drink Carina ordered the night they officially met for the first time. Maya kept overthinking every possibility that could occur during their conversation or even after it. Would they kiss? Would they end up in... Maya's thoughts, which were beyond the actual topic, got interrupted when Carina finally ring the doorbell. She was right on time! Before she opened the door, she took a last glimpse into the mirror to check if everything's right! It was perfect. She answered the door to a beautiful dressed Carina. She looked amazing as always. "Hey, come in." Maya said. It was kind of strange for Carina to be back at Maya's apartment. The last time, which was just a day ago, she sat on the small bench getting told that Maya cheated on her. She could see herself leaving her apartment with all the inner pain: her heart was shattered into millions of pieces. Not for one moment did she think that she would confess her feelings shortly after, since her Italian temper makes it harder to forgive. She loves Maya, so it just felt right, but would they be able to go back to a trustful relationship?

"Would you like something to drink?" Maya asked when they arrived in the kitchen. "White wine, please." Carina replied with a little smirk on her face. "Of course." Maya said while their hands met, handing Carina the glass of wine. Instantly their eyes met as well, and in an instant Carina knew that the damage, the incident caused, was almost done. "So how was work after I left?" Maya awkwardly asked to get out of the moment. She did not want to overwhelm Carina, especially because they haven't talked yet. "It was good." Carina said while she put some noodles on Maya's and then on her plate. She always did that, so it happened out of habit.

They started eating, almost in silence. They both didn't know how to start or where to begin. Maya was nervous since she was the one who destroyed everything by cheating with her ex-boyfriend. She just wants to get over it. Maya knew that this conversation must happen, so she abruptly stopped eating to just explain herself. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry." she whispered with a sorrowful voice. "I didn't to do this on purpose, it just happened. I was angry about things you've said about my father." she gasped. "Jack walked into my office and we got into a huge fight. He said things about my dad and me. I got angry, and then it happened." Maya continued while starting kneeing down in front of Carina. "I am so sorry! It was never my intention to hurt you. I...I love you, Carina. Please just forgive me." Maya said with tears falling down her face. "I love you too, and I'm trying so hard to forgive you, but I'm afraid that it'll happen every time we get into a fight..." Carina replied. As much as she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Maya, she didn't know whether or not she could trust her again. "I promise, it won't happen again... I'll be going to therapy." Maya replied. "I don't want you to go to therapy for me. I want you to go there because you want to!" Carina said as she was holding Maya hands tightly. "I want to go! You were right about my dad the whole time, and the only way to get over it is professional help. I just want it to leave this behind me..." Maya answered as she lowered her head. "Hey, look at me. It will be fine." Carina whispered. She unstuck her hands from Maya's to hold her face with them. And then it happened again: the deep eye contact. They came closer and closer until their lips almost touched when someone suddenly started banging on the apartment's door. They both got frightened since the banging got louder and louder every time the hand knocked on the door.

To give each other comfort, they walked hand in hand towards the door to look through the spyhole... "It's my dad." Maya said in surprise. "What is he doing here?" Carina replied in concern. "I don't know. I should open the door, otherwise my neighbors will call the police...". Carina wasn't really convinced of this idea, but what were they supposed to do? If they do not let him in, he will try another way to come in. "What are you doing here?" Maya said as she answered the door. "What is this woman doing in your apartment and what's wrong with your hair?" Maya's father shouted by disregarding her question completely. Maya's dad did never approve her sexuality, especially her attraction to women left him in disgust. "Tell me! Now! You do not get to ignore me young lady! Who's this woman?". Carina was clueless. What should she do? Say something? No, that would probably make this situation more problematic that it already is. "Leave my apartment now!" Maya said loudly with increasing anger. Her dad did not seem to care a lot about his daughter's wishes as he pushed her away. "It's enough! Please, leave this apartment now!" Carina stepped in as she didn't suppose that this would make things more complicated...