chapter 6

Here is just a short update for those who's been asking. I am already writing the next chapter, but, unfortunately, I am not sure when I will be able to finish it as I am very buys. Anyway, I will try my best! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks have passed since Maya moved some of her stuff into Carina's apartment, and with Maya's weekly therapy sessions and everything seems to be perfect, finally.

"Hello, Bella," Maya greeted her girlfriend as she walked into the door. She had a day off as her therapist ordered her to relax more often, without worrying about fires or her colleagues. Maya secretly spent her days with some private Italian lessons as she wants to surprise her hard-working girlfriend with not only a trip to her hometown, Sicily, but also with her willingness to learn some Italian. The surprise is all set on their bed in the bedroom. She put a nicely decorated box with some traditional Italian candy as well as other things that would remind her of her life back then in Sicily on their bed.

Carina instantly leaned in for a kiss. She's been missing Maya the entire day. "It's good to be finally home!" she said with a relieved but smiling face while walking towards the couch to sit down. "It's good to have you back. I know you've had a rough day, but there's something waiting for you in our bedroom," she said. "Our bedroom?" Carina said. Carina is a hopeless romantic, so even such things as calling something theirs, makes her heart go wild. "But really Maya, what should be waiting in the bedroom when you're a standing right next to me?" she said laughing. "I guess, you have to see it for yourself," Maya answered mysteriously, which only rose Carina's curiosity.

Although Maya knows that Carina has been missing her family terribly, she got excited as well because overall she did not know how she would react: many thoughts and doubts crossed her mind, which were shortly gone when she saw Carina's reaction:

"Bella, you really did this for me?" Carina said, holding back her tears "Of course! You deserve that!" she whispered while giving her a soft kiss on her cheek. Carina uncovered the box from the rose leaves and the opened it to see all the Italian specialties. "So, what do you think this is about?" Maya asked. "Are you taking me to this expensive Italian restaurant I've been talking about?" Carina said curiously. "Another time, but no," Maya laughed. "Every night you tell me about how much you miss your family. I know that you, as well as your brother, have not seen them in a while. I thought it would be a perfect time to go see them, so you can finally introduce me to them," Maya said, pulling out three flight tickets out of her pocket. "Are you kidding me? Maya...", Carina said crying. She jumped into Maya's arms, tightly hugged her, and then gave her a lot of kisses. A few minutes passed and tears were still running down Carina's face. "I hope you are not crying because your brother is coming with us," Maya said to make Carina laugh. "No, of course not. Even though it's hard for me to believe why you would invite my stupid little brother after you've met him a couple of days ago," Carina answered, which both made them laugh even harder.