chapter 4

Maya stopped Carina from kissing her as she lowered her hands from Carina's head. "Are you sure?" Maya asked Carina. "Yes, I am," she replied while leaning in for another kiss which Maya did not resist this time. Then, Carina slightly started pushing Maya towards the bedroom. Happiness sparkled in both. As soon as they fell onto the bed, they slowly started to undress each other's bodies. When Maya had unbuttoned her cuffs, Carina began kissing around Maya's breasts, going up to her neck, and going down to her stomach. Maya really needed to stay concentrated as her body became weaker because of Carina's lovely kisses. After Maya had finally doffed Carina's shirt, she did her sexy hair flip as always to then lean in for another kiss. "I see what you mean by spending the day together...I love that." Maya whispered into Carina's ear. Both started giggling as they stole each other's breaths. Shortly after, both were completely naked as their breaths became moans, and desire radiated between them...

Time flew by fast as they were making out: everything just felt extremely good. "I have to admit that I have been mad at you but let's just say you are very good at apologizing..." Carina said. "Yeah?" Maya giggled as she gave Carina a soft kiss. "Also, I was thinking that we could take legal action towards my dad..." Maya continued. "Are you sure you want to do that?" Carina asked concerned. "Yes, I am. You opened up my eyes, and I know that the things he has done to my family and I were not normal... Yesterday, he came to my apartment...I don't want to imagine what he would have done to me when..." Maya said. "Hey, don't think about that... Let's take a shower, dress, and then we can go to the police, okay?" Carina replied as she pushed her chin up. "Okay, thank you," Maya answered...

They decided to take a shower together since they thought that it would take a shorter amount of time. Obviously, it took much longer as they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Somehow, they managed to get out of the shower and dress. They were completely ready, and Maya already had her car keys in her hands when Carina wanted to make sure again that she really want to make this big move. "Maya, are you sure? I'm worried that you might regret it afterwards. I know how much you love him even though he hurt you..." Carina said worriedly. "I am absolutely sure. I want to leave this behind me... behind us. If I don't do that now, it will never stop, and we will never have a peaceful life. And trust me, that's all I want... He has to understand that I am not that weak little child anymore that he could control all the time..." Maya said. "You are right. I am so proud of you." Carina responded.

Although Maya knew that this is the only right thing to do, she looked nervous as they were driving to the nearest police station. She just wants him out of her life... out of their lives. Of course, this would change everything, considering that she always wanted her dad to walk her down the aisle, she wanted him to play with his grandchildren, ... But how should this ever work when he does not approve of her relationship with Carina? After years of trying with other people, she has finally found the woman of her dreams. Carina makes everything feel like heaven: she finally feels loved and accepted. Maya believed that she could never demand forgiveness for her mistakes, but Carina did forgive her. It took her a lot of effort, but Carina secretly knew that Maya deserved forgiveness. Carina always sees the good in people, and even though there were people throughout her life who have shown her otherwise, she still is convinced that everybody deserves to be given a second chance.

"Are you ready?" Carina asked. "Yes, let's get that done..." Maya replied as she slowly put her hand in Carina's: it makes her feel safe. They walked into the station, greeted the police officers, and then explained why they are here. The officer instantly called a specialist who Maya should talk to. The specialist, who is specialized for domestic abuse, arrived and together they went to a private room where they could talk in silence without uninvolved people listening. "My name is Elizabeth Tucker. I'm a specialist for domestic abuse and I'm here to help you. Are you able to particularize your situation?" she asked Maya. "Yes, I am." She said as she tightly took Carina's hand again. "My dad, Lane Bishop, pushed me to my limits throughout my whole life. He always wanted me to be the best in every situation possible, and if I was not he would not take me home from my track meeting and he would not let me eat afterwards. As a teenager who needed to be encouraged, he kept insulting me as a loser." Maya said. "When I was exhausted, he would not let me rest. He threw water over me and my bed so that I wasn't able to sleep anymore. Not only did he do that to me, but also to my little brother and my mother. We could never do anything against it, otherwise, we would have feared bad consequences..." Maya sobbed. "I'm here." Carina said to comfort her as she lovely stroked Maya's hand. "He has never laid his hand on me until a few days ago. I'm the captain of Station 19... I was trying to contact my firefighters in the burning house when he showed up at my scene. I told him that he should leave my scene in instant, but he did not listen and started shouting. As I wanted to turn around, he pulled my hair. Only then did I realize how much pain he caused my family and me..." Maya continued sobbing. "Yesterday, he came to my apartment. He threatened my girlfriend and me, he was angry... Luckily, she was with me and protected me before anything bad could happen." Maya finished. She let out a breath of sigh as soon as she finished telling the story about the abuse she experienced...