Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Do you guys have a weird phrase or word that your family uses, but didn't realize it was weird until you told a friend and they didn't understand what you were saying?

That just happened to me and I was like, "Shit, I forgot about that."

I had a song picked for Hayley's wedding, but I am listening to it again, and I am rethinking it because it's not really a wedding song. If anything this is a different kind of song... for a different kind of situation, but I don't know.

If you want to listen to it, its called I Wanna Know by Joe. If you guys have any songs that represent Jackson's and Hayley's relationship please comment.

Enjoy the reading!

-----

(2/2) Episode Two

(2/2) Episode Two

Derek and Stiles roam around the Bayou until the former finally caught the scent of Hayley. They walked several miles East to find her and Klaus marching up a steep. "Hey!" Stiles called out and waved his hands in the air. Once the parents turned their way, Stiles dropped his arms, and he and Derek caught up to them.

Hayley looked at them in confusion while asking, "How'd you know we were here?"

Stiles frowned at the statement and gave a quick glance to Derek. It wasn't like they tracked each other's every movements, but they always kept tabs on their locations. The fact that Hayley questioned how they knew her location opened his eyes to how they slowly drifted apart in the last couple of weeks.

Klaus stepped in with a quick lie. He turned to Hayley with his charismatic smile and said, "I did. If you are going to face your subjects then you have to bring your lieutenant and general." Stiles quirked his eye at the phrase of words but understood the use of them. Klaus' heartbeat had been completely steady, so either he told Elijah to tell them or he was really good at keeping control of his tells. Considering Klaus has been alive for a thousand years, Stiles guessed the latter.

Hayley just shrugged her shoulders and accepted the answer. She was just glad that it wasn't only going to be Klaus who was going to be there for her. Klaus didn't understand her as well as Stiles or Derek did. If anything it was better to have Stiles, so Klaus had to listen to his conscious for a moment.

She started walking forward and Derek stood next to her as they continued. Klaus stayed back, so he could wrap his arm around Stiles' waist and planted a quick kiss to his lips before following the other two. Stiles also wrapped his arm around Klaus' waist and used his other hand to stuff it into his pants' pocket. He was resisting his temptation to go into his jacket pocket to grab a cigarette. So far, it was working and he was going to fight off the urge as much as possible. He hasn't had one since he's woken up this morning, and it's been the longest he's gone without one since he "died".