Chapter 7

Author's Note:

AP work sucks balls, my mind cannot be changed. School can kiss my ass, I don't know why I bother taking A.P. Biology.

If any of you have taken the class, send me notes or advice or anything, I beg of you😫

Sorry for the long wait, any time I get a moment to breathe I am exhausted, and now I have quarantine friends, so we all VC a lot. I lost fake ones, and in turn, gain some real ones.

I made this chapter longer for you guys as an apology. I didn't really like the middle, because I don't know how to write spell scenes and it was my first time writing Esther, but I think I make up for it at the end!

Anyway, as I digress, I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

-------

Episode 3 (2/2)

After the comforting session, Hayley got a call from Oliver, informing her that Ester had another witch on her side. Klaus was in the middle of choosing a wine when she brought her news to his attention.

He hums for a moment in thought before looking to her and offhandedly saying, "Building alliances in her quest to destroy us, I imagine," Klaus points to the left wine and the cater hastily left.

"Why does she hate you so much, Klaus? She had six kids, it's not like she doesn't have the maternal gene." Hayley walked from the entrance to the small table in the middle. She quirks her eyebrow, and he turns to correct her. "Seven."

Klaus goes to meet her in the middle, across the table. "And I think at one time, she loved us very much," He picks up a napkin, and takes a slow breath before admitting, "One died before I was born."

Hayley shakes her head and thickly swallows, "I, uh, I didn't know that."

Klaus let out a low hum and proceeded, "Years later, my brother Henrik was killed by the werewolves in our village. The loss of another child pushed my mother over the edge. So she used her magic to turn us immortal." His gaze lowers when he drops the napkin, takes a slow step back, and looks back up before saying, "I think that was when she loved us the most."

Hayley knew what happened next. Stiles kept most of Klaus's confessions to himself, but everyone knew what happened after the loss of Henrik Mikaelson. Klaus never let anyone forget the vile path his parents chose after Henrik's death in Mystic Falls. Even then, when she first met Tyler, before he took her to Mystic Falls, Klaus was all he would ever talk about. The anger, the pain, the betrayal he felt because of the original hybrid. Klaus' Mikaelson's death was Tyler's only wish, yet the secondary Hybrid didn't succeed.

In some ways, Hayley felt guilty for the massacre she caused, but when it came down to finding even a shred of information on her family; everybody was on the chopping block. Now, she had Stiles and Derek to help fill that void her biological family couldn't bring; sans her daughter, so she doesn't regret what she did, but she did feel remorse. That was enough for her to comes to terms with what she did. She didn't think Klaus would ever have that kind of peace.

"-He murdered my real father. And so my mother lost her lover too."

Hayley crosses her arms and takes a slow breath before says, "Wow. No wonder she is crazy. I am out of my mind having just given away Hope." She shakes her head and continues, "I-I can't imagine if she'd died."

He takes a slow step towards her, his voice going soft, closer to a whisper, "You know, my siblings used to say she didn't hate us. She's hated herself for what we'd become. I think they still believe that even after she tried to kill us all."