Part 5

"Why don't you like the prince?" Why would you ask that. Now he thinks you're annoying. He's probably gonna ditch you. I bet he wanted you to go with Kai anyways. Pitiful. Woeful. Meager.

"Let me put this simply. Kai once smelled good, Beomgyu liked him. Then he smelled bad, like you, and Beomgyu didn't like him." Beomgyu stopped and let go of your wrist. He smelled the air "..not safe,, we gotta go quicker."

You hugged yourself "Why what's wrong?" Stop with the stupid questions. This is not the time. This is why he doesn't like us.

"Bad people- the prince's guards specifically. We'll have to camp out at my fort till they blow off" He grabbed his goat and ran off "follow me" Great. He left us for his goat.

You ran away with him. You ran pretty far on your own. But then you tripped on a root because you're so clumsy sksksksk. A guard came up to on his horse. 

"Hi" He got off the horse and stuck his hand out to help you up. You took his hand of course and got up. He brushed the dirt out of your hair and shoulders "What are you doing in the woods all by yourself? It's very dangerous out here in the dark you know?" He took his helmet off and shook his purple hair 

You told him about how you were running with Beomgyu and how you tripped. Beomgyu stopped running as he overheard you and the guard talking. He put his goat down and he walked back to you two slowly and hid in a bush to snoop in on your conversation. 

The guard put his hand on your shoulder "Seems as if he left you though." he trailed his hand down your arm and to your hand, giving you a chilling sensation "Well I, General Soobin, vow to protect you" He went on his horse and put his hand out for you to grab onto.

Beomgyu crawled out of the bush and flipped Soobin off "Aye fuck off, I'm here now" He stood up and grabbed your hand. He went up to Soobin and smelled him "You smell like--- like a bitch" he gagged and walked away holding your hand. He grabbed his goat with his open arm and continued walking "What were you doing with him?"

"Oh- I tripped! And then he caught up to me and.. and he asked if i was alone and then said that'd he'd protect me! But I said no! I knew you'd come back for me!" You smiled brightly at him. Stop. You sound annoying. Exasperating. Irritating.

"Did you want to go with him?" He looked down at you "It's okay if you did, he's a pretty handsome guard, promising to protect you and all that other stuff." His stare wasn't cold anymore. I don't know what it was, but you liked it.

"Nonono! I wanted to stay with you-! Because you said that they were bad!"