A Brave New World

"Sorry, I can't understand a single word you are saying."

"Adffvc tervek zu?'

"Nope. I think I will be going now."

As Mohan walked along the streets of the street of this strange city he had found himself in, a few things became clear to him. First, the streets were lined by buildings tall enough to fit in some downtown market. The roads were not paved in asphalt but some weird plastic like substance. It was completely free of dust. Large boards displayed videos and signs in languages he did not understand. The street appeared to be a pedestrian street, because he saw no vehicles. The whole sky glowed faintly orange.

"This place gives me an early 90's vibe."

He looked around again. The street he was on was thickly crowded with people. Well he had assumed them to be people anyway. A closer look revealed that while roughly of humanoid shape, most of the crowd was very much not human. He noticed, among other things, catgirls, a fox boy, every other furry he had ever seen on the internet, a walking crocodile, a few oddballs that looked like they had just walked out of a rick and morty episode, some lovecraftian tentacle monsters and cyborgs.

"So I have been summoned to another world, huh."

 After reconfirming the situation again, Mohan sighs, wondering how many times he will see it again. He moved from the street that had been curious to me, and now I'm sitting in a slightly dim alley.

"Assuming the current situation is an isekai, civilization is mostly medieval style. But this world seems to have a bit more modern. However, I do not see any sign of internet technology or space ships..."

He opened his phone. He didn't have range. He recalls the sights he has seen before and sat down in the back alley to organize the information in his brain. Since he had plenty of time to indulge in delusions, he was very prepared when he was summoned to a different world. First of all, calmly, determine the difference between clothing, food, and shelter from the civilization of that era and the modern world.

"Judging from what I have seen right now, technology seems comparable to late 90's America. It is necessary to determine the difference in physical phenomena and whether it is possible to contact the inhabited "humanoid organism".

"Money does not work for the time being and I wasn't able to talk to the shopkeeper and communicate. So I am playing Hard mode. Okay"

 At that time, as far as I can see, it seems that the currencies in this world are gold coins, silver coins, copper coins, and so on. The ease of understanding the world view in which money itself has value is said to be different world fantasy. And the last part of confirmation is the special look of humans in this world. Some people have the same appearance as Mohan, so these conclusions are--

"The genre is a different world fantasy. The civilization is a weird 90's retro style. There are aliens; maybe there are wars and adventures. There are some differences in animals, but there is no change in role-what?"

Arranging just that much, Mohan exhales a sigh. When I talk about my situation, I find myself baffled by the opportunistic development. If the development is as per the usual setting, I should use my modern knowledge to execute "a coup" from now on, but the prepared worldview is subtly different.

 In a different world fantasy, the knowledge that can be used is at most about the gunpowder mixture ratio. It also makes no sense depending on the civilization level of this world. If there is "magic" that is typical of alien fantasy, it would be treated as gunpowder like fireworks.

"Well, it's kind of a promise that magic isn't all-purpose. If I have a chance to contribute to the development of science, I'll do my best ... the problem for now, though is that the cause and purpose of summoning the different world are completely unknown."

I remember well before being summoned. I was leaving home for a long time and was on my way home after buying a cup of ramen for a supper at a convenience store. I didn't feel like cycling, so walk on foot. And on the way, I remember looking up at the evening sky and thinking, "Tonight is just before the full moon."

I immediately realized that something unusual had happened. I knew only that. As he murmured, Mohan once again confirmed his possessions. In the current world of different world fantasy, initial equipment is more important than you might imagine. Nowadays, the fact that no matter how thin the thread is, is still important.

First, a mobile phone (likely to run out of batteries), a wallet (a lot of rental video shop membership cards), a cup ramen I bought at a convenience store (tonkotsu soy sauce flavor), a snack (corn potage flavor), and an attached gray jersey (not washed). Worn out sneakers (two years old), a weeks' worth of food, along with a new brush and paste, a pack of protein powder and a bottle of sake, and his swiss knife. His Backpack contained a spare set of clothes he had packed in case he stayed at miyuki's place for the night, and a couple of face masks with a bottle of sanitizer.

"It's over ... why don't I have one of my pistols. Only the sweets that are likely to fill the stomach are useful. It ends with saving the stomach."

"The situation is hopeless. And after all, the cause is unknown. I have no memory of going through the mirror and no memory of falling into the pond, and above all, where is the beautiful girl who summoned me?"

So to speak, the absence of the main heroine. It is a job negligence that is impossible in the two-dimensional world. If it is summoned and left unattended, it is like being abandoned. In fact, Mohan, who has finished checking the current situation, cannot but escape from reality and has no choice.

"Don't take it seriously. What's wrong with me?"

Weak sounds and screams are about to break. He just wants to go home. The delusion was good as the delusion. "It's fun to think of summons to a different world as a warrior to save the world from its miserable medieval existence, but if I'm really thrown in, I can do anything but be garbage."

"Anyway, the goal is to live for the time being"

Mohan is worried about his future while his fingers are agitated

Mohan is worried about his future while his fingers are agitated. And that expression changes. The reason is a sound. The footsteps suddenly echoed in the back alley--the entrance to the alley, and three men stood to block the road.