Mission One

The men gazed at him with scorn and contempt as Mohan appraised them. They appeared to be in their mid-twenties. Their clothes were filthy and it was as though their inner evil had manifested on their faces. They weren't subhuman, but they couldn't be called decent humans either.

"Damn, a compulsory event."

Facing the grinning men, Mohan wiped his face and stood up in a panic. They were clearly bandits, and considering the state of the world they might even take his life. Mission 1: "Repel the bandits" had begun. The clear condition was eliminating them, and the failure condition was probably his death.

Mohan smacked his cheeks and ignored the chill running up his spine. He had to get serious, hesitation could cost him his life. He at least had confidence in his decisiveness.

"Furthermore, this is another world. Considering the typical pattern I might be super strong here. Something like the gravity being a tenth of what it was or... Come to think of it, my body feels light! Maybe I can win!"

"Arakh wont Dehun."

"Anata wo deshin kay nai. Kweshin des wree?"

Unlike Mohan, the men remained fairly calm. However, Mohan continued to face them without backing down.

"Woah there, you guys won't be so calm for long. Let me warn you, guys like me fantasize about this sort of thing all the time. I'll beat the crap out of you and turn you into XP!"

"Ma lihi waxa aad sheegayso, laakiin waxaad u dhiman doontaa inaad nagu jees jeestaan."

"That's... My line!"

With that declaration, Mohan launched his preemptive attack before they could react. He flew into one of them with a full bodied right straight. He landed a direct hit on the leader's face with such force that his front tooth cut Mohan's hand.

He'd hit someone for the first time! And it was much more painful than expected!

This was all he'd tried in his simulations, but it was his first time actually doing it, the man he hit fell to the ground and stopped moving. Driven by emotion, Mohan immediately lunged at another man who was still in shock.

"Eat this! A high kick forged by after-bath stretches!"

"Guh!"

His foot drew an arc right into the man's temple and slammed him into the wall. Having knocked a second person out, Mohan started to believe he was invincible due to his unexpectedly competent performance.

"Looks like this world is set to raise my power after all! With all this adrenaline I can definitely win!"

Filled with courage, Mohan turned to the last man as he prepared to take him out. However, the glint of the knife in his hand caused Mohan to prostrate himself on the spot.

"I'm sorry, it was all my fault! Please forgive me, spare-!"

He apparently surrendered on his knees, and then performed a magnificent somersault kick, knocking the knife out of his opponent's hand. Then he began to punch the guy.

The guy was faster than expected. Mohan was fast, and was used to fighting. He had a black belt in karate and had given his senior level exam in Tai Chi. But even with his skill and strength, it was all he could do to keep the guy from hitting him.

 Then, Mohan tried to reach the blade near him. In that effort,  he kicked the guy in front of him. He tried to stomp him. In the confusion, Mohan fell on his attacker. As he heard the crack of bones under him, his arm accidently caused the knife to skitter on the weird metallic floor to one of the other guys hand.