A New Ally

To Mohan, the feeling of waking up was rather similar to the sensation of raising his head out of water. Rays of sunshine assailed his pupils the moment his eyelids parted, causing him to grimace as he rubbed his eyes. He was rather good at waking up, once his eyes opened his consciousness would soon follow.

"Ah, you're awake?"

A voice directly overhead. As Mohan turned to face it, his body still on the ground, he realized that his head was resting on something rather soft.

"Don't try to move just yet. Your head was hurt, so it's not safe."

The voice worrying about him was gentle, and the sensation under his head was one of supreme bliss. Mohan thought back to what had happened before he lost consciousness and concluded that he was currently experiencing one of the greatest boons a man could receive.

―Holy crap, that beauty's giving me a lap pillow?!

Taking advantage of this divine blessing, Mohan started to toss and turn, enjoying the feel of her thighs to his heart's content.

His circular motions brought delightful sensations to his cheeks, his face wrapped in a fluffy―

―Man, pretty girls are a lot hairier than I thought.

"Like hell―!"

"Glad to see you're up. (Falsetto)"

Mohan played the straight man as he looked up, now fully lucid, he could properly see what was before him. In his inverted line of sight was the face of an absurdly huge cat. Its expression was excessively ingratiating as it formed what seemed to be a smile.

"I decided to be considerate and offer you some comfort until you woke up. (Falsetto)"

"First of all, quit doing that terrible falsetto."

Having ended up up in the absurd situation of receiving a lap pillow from a human-sized cat, that was Mohan's only request. He then went back to enjoying the furry sensation since it was so generously provided.

"Fluffy... So fluffy. Just what in the world have you gone and created, God?"

"Oh dear, it seems it was well worth it for me to change size if it brings you that much joy. Right?"

The giant cat shyly scratched its head and winked as if seeking agreement. In the direction of its gaze, at the entrance to the alley, a girl stood with her arms crossed in displeasure. She was the girl who had been burned into his eyes and memory before he lost consciousness.

."So basically, you're that tiny kitty from before?"

"Fufufu, its freely changing size makes it great for transport. It also brightens your day with humorous chitchat. A cat for everyone, goes great with your lifestyle! For more details please contact the spirit association."

It nimbly snapped its fingers and started a sales pitch. The contents weren't really relevant, but Mohan understood that was probably how it acted.

"So you ended up staying here until I woke up..."

"Don't get it twisted. I had some questions for you, so I had no choice but to stay. If that weren't the case, I would have just left you here. Definitely. Just so we're clear on that."

When it was emphasized that much, even Mohan couldn't really say much in response. She spoke in a fierce tone, as if pressing him. Considering his level 1 communication ability that was even worse when it came to the opposite sex, all Mohan could do was nod.

"And that goes for me healing you and letting you enjoy Pluck's lap too. All of it was for my own benefit, so I'll have you repay me now."

"You're putting on quite the act, but it ultimately wraps around to being a regular request, doesn't it?"