Prologue

MARINETTE

I cannot believe it!

After hearing it from my assistant manager, Nathanaël, I immediately stormed off the from the back and went straight to the center of where the party is happening.

"Marinette, I do not think it's appropriate for now-"

"Let me go!" I shove my shoulder away from Nath. I could see the conflict in him - his want to hold me back and the fact that I could punch him out of rage.

"I think you should not confront him now or with everyone around," he continues though his voice is shaking out of fear already.

"Nath, I could kill a man this instant," I utter angrily, my blood boiling with the mere fact that somebody UNWANTED is CRASHING the evening party of MY candidate.

He shows a nervous smile. "Hopefully that stays hypothetical?" He squeaks out and I let out a huff before turning and leaving him at the side.

I continue to curse the man I am currently looking for. I have muttered a lot of words already and I am not even halfway in my long list of curses.

I fix the shoulder strap of my dress and flatten down the skirt before I speak into my radio at hand, "This is Mari, speaking. We have a Code AR. Someone from the opposition is here and may be trying to gain some insights from the new platforms we are forming. Please be on the look-out for anyone not part of our party," I finish and raise my head while I continue to look around the ballroom to see where he is.

I have been working as the campaign manager of Mister Rustan Nordic for the past year and I have always looked up to him. We only have six more months until people will vote for their next president and I will make sure that my candidate will win.

But first. I need to handle this human parasite at hand.

The party is in full-swing. A string quartet is playing a heavenly melody as others dance gracefully to it. Some men are at the bar having a fair share of the drinks prepared by the staff. From champagne to hard drinks such as whiskey - they are enjoying their own time and mood. It is Mister Nordic's birthday and he wanted to host a party with his close friends and fellow senators to celebrate it. Of course, I was the one who did most of the planning and preparations. I was happy to take on the role. I always am happy to give my best for my candidate.

This is why I could not stand the presence of someone from the opposing political party being here! The party headed by Aaron Byvael.

I cringe just even thinking about it. It is my vow to never let that man even take one step in office.

"Where the heck is that maggot?" I mutter under my breath, looking around the ballroom to find that tall man with blond hair that I am sure are all dead. That man with green eyes that remind me of the color of vomit. And overall, a face that could make any baby cry out of fear. Ugh, even the tuxedo he is wearing looks like a cheap tribute act of James Bond.

I continue to look around. He is not with any of the people who were dancing or even conversing with another at the center. Mister Nordic is with his wife by the stage as they talk with some of their family friends. I manage to let out a sigh of relief when I know that he is not there disturbing Mister Nordic.

"Okay, as long as sir is fine-" I stop once I finally spot him.

How. Dare. He.

I grit my teeth and my hands clench into fists as I see him talking and even laughing with someone by the entrance of the ballroom.

Someone is going to die tonight.

I brisk walk to where he is, my heels clanking heavily on the ground as I could control my stomps. He does not notice once I'm near and it takes my fake sweet voice to gain his attention. I clear my throat and start, "Oh my goodness! What a pleasant surprise!"

The man I loathe finally turns my way and pulls off this pleasant smile that I am ACHING to punch.

"Oh my God!" He gasps in pretend delight, "Well isn't it my favorite blue-head? Is it just me or is your hair turning all the more blue by the day?" He cheerfully mocks. Though the man he was conversing with does not notice the attempt of mockery. I do my utter best to hide my scowl.

You son of a gun, I won't hesitate to kick your balls.

Oh, the urge to just do it at this moment! But, I choose to do what is more practical for the situation.

"Excuse me," I utter, smiling at the other man, "I would like to talk to this man privately first, okay?" And without waiting for his answer, I grab the arm of the parasite and drag him out of the ballroom.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng, judging by how you're pulling me out of this hotel ballroom...are you taking me to the room you reserved for us?"

I let out a sharp gasp and stop to slap his cheek.

His hand touches the spot where I slapped him that is turning a bit red due to the impact. Instead of mentioning anything about the pain, he lets out a laugh. "Setting the mood for later, I see," he comments, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Mister Agreste, I swear, I could cut you open and use your own intestines to strangle you to death," I seethe out. "Before you sabotage anything here, I want you to leave!"

"Hm, that's strange," he muses. "That wasn't part of your newest platform in mind...the 'Education First' Policy-"

My eyes widen in anger. "YOU CHEATER!" I raise my hands to strike him again but he catches them swiftly, holding them in mid-air as he towers over me. I try to fight against him but his grip is too tight and firm for me to move away.

"What do you mean 'cheater'?" He haughtily cocks his head to the side. "I was just doing my research, Miss Dupain-Cheng."

"Don't try to justify what you did," I spit out. "You coerced a man into telling you-"

"That man is a friend from university, and I did what any normal person would do with a friend, talk." He smiles right at me. "What's wrong with talking? He was the one who brought it up first, not me."

I clench my teeth out of frustration. "Mister Adrien Agreste, I will-"

"Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng," he immediately interjects, "maybe you should start catching up and stop thinking about my intestines. I would understand if you were in love with my face, but intestines? No wonder why someone weird like you is supporting a candidate that is surely going to lose," he finishes calmly.

Suddenly the doors to the ballroom open and two bodyguards of Mister Nordic stand by the doorway with Nath attempting to hide behind one of them. "I...I brought them," he immediately tells me in his soft voice.

"That's my cue to leave. Can't wait to see you again," Agreste utters, winking at me before letting go of my arms. He dashes to the door which leads to the emergency exit and disappears to the other side after opening it.

I stop the bodyguards just before they run after him. "Let him be," I say, letting out a heavy sigh. "Where's the fun in campaigning when there is no enemy?" I face Nath and smile smugly at him. "We'll find a clever way to fight back. Leave all the planning to me."

Adrien Agreste, prepare to lose in the greatest battle of your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, another crazy idea and another crazy prologue to start another crazy story.

Vote?
Comment?
Thank you :)