5

ADRIEN

When will that man stop yapping nonsense?

"What is it with the children of today that think they are not enough to take over our nation?" Rustan Nordic speaks to the crowd in front of him with much vigor and passion in his voice. "They think of such things because they are victims of circumstance. They are not given the opportunity to hone whatever talents and skills they may have!"

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. This is what the blueberry can come up with? An 'Education First' Policy that should appeal first to the middle class?

"The middle class could care less about the poor," I mumble under my breath as I continue to watch Nordic talking on-stage, "All they want is to become more rich than they are now."

"Dude." Nino nudges at me from my side just when he walks up to me. "Don't you think it's weird that he's talking about this policy with this type of crowd? This wouldn't appeal to the middle class, in fact, the lower class should be hearing about this."

"Exactly!" I yell in a whisper. I bring a hand to my chin and rub it, musing over the fact that he decided to talk about this policy...rather she decided for him to talk about this policy.

Why would the blue-head choose this for Nordic? What is with the middle class and their policy that only fully appeals to the lower class?

My eyes then widen in realization. "Unless," I start, "...they are looking for backers from the middle class."

"What? Why would they do that?"

I point a thumb at Nordic then explain to Nino, "What he is doing right now is trying to get in the hearts of the crowd. If he can persuade them into helping him, then he sure is promising them rewards for doing so. And what more do the middle class want? They thrive on rewards."

Nino then lets out a gasp, understanding the situation at hand. "And if the lower class knows the amount of people that will be willing to help their young ones get an education-"

"They will cast their votes on Nordic," I finish for him. "It's easy to influence them especially if they use the bait of giving something they personally can't provide for their own children."

"And the middle class won't be deemed as only influential voters..."

"They will become essential voters as well." I click my tongue in disappointment. "Damn it," I mutter under my breath.

"Nordic is smart," Nino comments, still watching the man with, I think, newfound admiration.

"No, it's not him," I deny. "It's the blueberry who is smart. She saw how this could affect the campaign period long-term." I let out a heavy sigh. Damn it!

"But you prepared Aaron's speech, right?" Nino pats my shoulder. "It will be good. I know it will. And plus, we still have the main support from the lower class. We can persuade the middle class, too."

"But it won't be as well enough as Nordic's," I grunt and tense up. "I wish I thought this through."

"Hey," Nino whispers, rubbing my shoulder, "you can't just beat yourself like that. Have faith in Aaron, would you? He's about to speak on-stage. We can't have his main campaign manager worrying over the speech he perfectly made for him. Besides, what could go wrong?"

Nordic finishes just when Nino finishes talking as well. That's true, I thought. Aaron takes the place at the podium and the crowd goes wild with his entrance. I find myself grinning with the amount of people cheering for him. What could go wrong?