1

ADRIEN

"Hey! It's our big shot Adrien!"

I smirk at the two men sitting on the couch of our office. I salute at them and grab a chair from behind and plop down on it. "Oh please, you both are big shots as well, Nino and Luka."

Nino brings out a fist for me bump with mine. Luka salutes back at me while holding a guitar propped on his lap.

"How's the song coming up?" I ask Luka since he is in-charge of making the campaign jingles for our candidate, Aaron Byvael.

"It's a bit tricky for now," he tells me then grabs the piece of paper on the coffee table and hands it to me. "It's hard to rhyme 'Byvael' with catchy words. Read a line I wrote there."

"Now lighter exhales with Byvael..." I read the first line written on the paper then furrow my eyebrows. "Sorry man, but this sounds like an airconditioner commercial."

"Exactly!" Luka grabs the paper back then drops it on Nino's lap. "I mean, I will forever support Aaron but why does he have such a hard last name to make a song with? That is why I got Nino with me to help out."

I throw a pointed look at Nino. "This shouldn't be a reason for you to neglect your main job."

Nino raises his hands in the air. "I'm done with the political analysis!" He argues. "Listen, based from last week's visit to one area, my team garnered enough data to know that we are popular in the demographic of the lower-class, we are speaking in terms of the masses here."

"And what about Nordic?"

"Nordic's popularity is more with the middle-class, though we could find a way to squeeze in with them as well."

I cock my head and nod in assent. "Aaron is younger than Nordic by seven years. Compared to the other guy, Aaron could relate more to the young ones. Could this be a reason as to why he's popular in that demographic?"

"From what I'm sensing and hearing from others outside work," Luka chimes in, "people like him because of his charisma and his play on words."

"Who wouldn't like him and his charisma?" I scoff. "The only people who do not like Aaron would be the supporters of that old man Nordic who keeps on holding parties for the elite." I scowl, thinking about the opposing party. "No wonder why the middle class loves him. He can promise them a life they want, to continue living like a bourgeoisie."

"So what we are trying to figure out is what else they want," Nino adds. "We can garner the votes of the middle class but we have to find a way to stand-out from Nordic's ways."

I click my tongue and the events of last week's party that I crashed show up in my mind. If only I wasn't confronted with their stupid blueberry of a campaign manager, I could have stayed longer and studied the people he appeals to and how my candidate could appeal to them as well.

"And that is where my job enters," I utter and stand from my seat. I clap my hands and bow my head at the two of them. "You, both, work on the jingle Aaron needs. I'm planning to release it by next week during our next visit to the area. I think," I muse, bringing a hand to my chin, "we could surprise the other party like that, and with the giveaways we are planning to have made."

"Dude, this is why you are our boss here," Nino points out.

"Wait, Adrien, doesn't Aaron have something for later?" Luka asks.

"Another exposure to the crowd." I fix my necktie and put it back in place. "It's going to be with the opposing party."

They both groan collectively and I let out a laugh. "I know how you feel," I simply comment.