13

ADRIEN

What the heck are they doing here?!

"I told you not to go in my apartment at any time of your own convenience!" I exclaim. Marinette starts to shrink in her seat, growing conscious over the fact that two sudden visitors happen to visit in this exact moment.

"I guess that this isn't a good time?" Luka asks and slowly raises the bag where we place all the hard copies of our files for the campaign.

"No!"

"Well, it's not our fault that you keep your spare key under the third rock to the left," he continues in a mutter.

"N-No, I don't!" I turn to Marinette, who is just staying quiet and looking at us with wide eyes. I bring a hand out to clarify what I just said. "I don't, okay? I'm going to change it..."

"I thought you brought Marinette home last night," Nino interrupts, taking a few steps closer to the dining table. He throws the two of us a wary glance with an eyebrow raised in question.

"Wait. You two went on a night out?" Luka asks loudly and in shock.

I wave a hand to dismiss his question and turn back to Nino. "Well, she passed out first and I was also tipsy to think too much. My home is closer to the bar."

"....does Byvael and Nordic know about this?" Nino continues.

"No!" Both Marinette and I exclaim out loud then we look at each other in surprise with our sudden outburst. I'm the first who takes my gaze away from the other to face Nino and Luka again.

"And there is no need to!" I continue in a stern manner, "Look, Marinette and I can differentiate professional and personal things. Last night just happened to be a balance of both."

"Meaning...no strings attached?" Luka pops in with a ridiculous question.

"NO!"

Marinette pushes herself off the table to stand. "I-I'm going to get my stuff and leave now," she breathes out and rushes to my room even before I could react.

When she enters it and closes the door behind her, I turn to Nino and Luka with a scowl on my face.

"What time did we agree to see each other here?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at them.

"12 noon," Luka answers quietly.

"And it's still a quarter to 11," I strictly point out. "You, two, were not supposed to be here. Also, why did you have to bring up the assumption that we slept together?"

Nino scoffs, "She was wearing your clothes."

"Dude, you know that I'm not like that-"

"I don't know," Luka interjects and shrugs his shoulders, "seems kinda fishy to me. You haven't even explained to us why you spent the night at her house that day."

"Luka!"

"Yeah, he's right, Adrien." Nino chimes in, "Plus, anger can lead to sexual tensio-"

"Enough!" I exclaim just when Marinette opens the door of my room. We all watch her as she meekly steps out wearing the same clothes from last night. With her are the clothes I allowed her to borrow and her small bag.

"Marinette," I call her softly, ignoring the other two who are now staring at me, "you didn't have to change back to your clothes."

"I'll wash these and give them back to you hopefully during our meeting later." She forces out a smile. "I-I'll go ahead now." Then she faces both Nino and Luka. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you with my presence, Nino and Luka."