8

MARINETTE

Aaron Byvael is going to have an audience today at one of the state universities, and I was told to be there in disguise to see how it goes. Mister Nordic's audience at the same university will be held next week.

So if Byvael does a good job today, then I would have to work harder in preparing Nordic for what is to come.

The best thing about being first is that you set the standard for people, but the best thing about being last is that you know that can beat that standard.

With the help of Chloé and Nath, who went to the same state university, they helped me find an I.D. I could use to pass as a 'student' for the day. I was more excited in matching the clothes for me to wear today to look the part.

I made sure that I wouldn't catch the attention of people but still make sure that I look cute.

Of course, because your appearance matters in a time like this.

"All students, please proceed to the entrance of the auditorium," one professor announces in front of the crowd of students I am a part of, "We will all enter at the right door while the left will be used as the exit."

Part of plan is to not stay too much in front or at the back. Also stay at the aisle so that you can leave fast if you need to.

I follow the students in front of me when they start to walk, entering the auditorium and finding seats to rest on. I'm thankful that I find a seat by the middle of the rightmost side of the auditorium and I rush to it with no second thought.

Once the students have found seats and the auditorium has found order with the people in it, a person walks to the middle of the stage in front and smiles at us, the audience.

"Good day," the person speaks, holding a microphone close to his mouth, "we are proud to have a special guest for this event. He is one of the candidates running for president with platforms that mainly focus on the betterment of the welfare of the less fortunate; promoting a life of equity for every citizen."

Okay, that sounds like something Agreste would write.

I jot down on my notebook the detail on making sure that I write down a short introduction for Mister Nordic as well.

"He is here today to gladly answer your questions regarding his platforms or anything else that are deemed beneficial when choosing the right candidate. As much as he will answer all of your questions, we will not tolerate explicit ones. Now, without further ado, let us welcome the presidential candidate Sir Aaron Byvael!"

The students applaud as Byvael enters from the side. He grins toward us and raises a hand, acknowledging the applause for him. The emcee directs him to the podium at the middle of the stage and he makes himself comfortable, standing behind it. I notice that his eyes dart down to three blackboxes located at the edge of the stage then he looks back up at us.

Ah, I add to my notes, there are teleprompters.

"Good afternoon, dear students!" He greets, leaning toward the microphone propped on the podium. "Thank you very much for having me today. As you all may already know, I would gladly accept questions from you and to the best of my ability I will answer all of them. I wouldn't want to keep you waiting, you may start asking me now."

"To ensure that there is order when asking questions," the emcee chimes in, "we placed two microphones, one on each aisle. The student who arrives at either of the microphones gets the chance to ask first. After that, our student volunteers will take note of who goes after."