1.

***

"The ice has always been my safe place

"The ice has always been my safe place."

***

"Come on, Hyung, it will be fun," Taehyung said as he dragged the elder towards the entrance of the skating rink.

"How do you know? I can't even skate," Jin whined but let himself pull forward. Even though all he wanted to do is nesting himself in his bed and crying his eyes out, he went along with his brother's idea.

"Don't worry, Namu will teach you," Jimin, Taehyung's friend, smiled up at him sweetly. He didn't ask who 'Namu' was, though he had no idea.

They entered the hall where the two younger boys immediately let go of Jin's hand and ran to the counter to rent their skates. On the counter, a boy was sitting. He wore baggy, black pants, a khaki jacket which was at least three sizes bigger than him and black booths. His hair was hidden under a grey beanie. He was a middle of reading his book when the two younger attacked him.

"Namu! Namu!" they screamed.

The boy lazily looked up. As he recognized the two trouble makers, his lips slowly pulled into a smile, showing off his dimples. He put away his book and jumped down from the counter. He arrived at the other side of the table and elbowed on it, staring at the boys amused. 

"It's you again." His deep voice sounded a bit hoarse. 

"We wanted to see you, Hyung," Jimin chirped. This made the boy chuckle. He pulled himself away from the counter and went back where the skates were kept.

"I'm just worried, you guys waste all of your spare money on me," he yelled from the infinite line of skates. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

He came back with two pair of skates in his hands. He put them on the table in front of the boys who shook their head as an answer. "We like being here," Taehyung said then grabbed Jin's sleeve and pulled him closer. "And my Hyung needed some distraction."

Jin awkwardly stood beside his younger brother. The boy slowly looked up at him. As he observed him, his smile took a much gentler form. "What size?" he finally asked.

Jin's mind was too occupied of thinking about the male's deep dimples and how he wanted to poke his finger in them to answer. When the guy waved his gloved hand in front of his face he roughly shook his head with the hope of getting rid of this ridiculous idea. 

"What?"

The guy smiled again which did not help Jin with his little problem. "Your shoe size."

"Oh, it's 265 mm."

Then again, the boy disappeared in the back area, looking for the perfect pair of footwear for Jin. "Have you ever skated before?"

Jin thought for a short moment before nodding. Then he realized the boy can't see him, so he raised his voice a little. "Um, yes, but it was years ago. And even then I wasn't good at it."