Chapter Two

Chapter Two 

            I pull into Chris's driveway and park. Getting out, I knock on his door and hope that he's home. I didn't see his car. I wait for a second and knock again. Maybe he's sleep? I get out my phone and dial his number. He picks up, "Hey El."

"Hey are you home?" I asked. I could hear him shuffling with something.

"No, I'm with Quinn." He answered. Quinn was his longtime girlfriend. I frown, "Okay well. I just rolled up to your house for nothing." He chuckles lightly. "I'm sorry. Whats up though?" I shake my head, forgetting that he can't see me. "Oh nothing." I walk back to my car and get back inside. "Well I'm going to go." I said to him. I hang up before he can ask me anything else.

I drive my now lonely self to a bike trail with lots of open space and park. I take Dennis's things out of the backseat of my car and carry them to an area far out. Grabbing the lighter from my purse that I took from my dad, I spark a fire, and set the end of one of his shirts on fire. I throw it on the rest of the pile and watch it go up in flames.

 I delete Dennis and Fiona's contact and watch as the fire slowly dies out. His shirts, sweats, a pair of shoes, and pictures of us that he gave me were all ashes now.

I was sad no doubt, but I wasn't going to cry. Maybe I was so heartless that I couldn't cry. Maybe I used up all my tears on the movie that something real had to happen for me to really cry. Or maybe I just needed to get away. I was twenty-one for heaven's sake. The only reason I was still living at my parent's place was because they thought I should.

Ever since I was four and made those kids commercial, they have made me try out more things. TV shows, movies, and etc. I even did a little modeling, but I thought movies would be better. I tried out for Loving Me Colorblind, which was the name of my movie now and I got the part. They were excited and so was I.

A big time movie would help my career my mother said.

You're good, but you need to be better she said.

And so I did.

I tried out for more parts, went to college and took acting classes that improved me even better. And she was happy, but I don't think I was. I would party and get drunk like I did last night and she would be so livid when I got back. She would say things like you can't get wasted, who wants to hire an in-closet wino? And I would say I wouldn't do it again and be on my way.

I would meet people who just wanted to be my friend for the fame, and people who were complete stalkers. Sometimes the rumors would get too much and I would have to do an interview and clear them up.

The rumor that did stick was that I was the wild child. My mother always told me to deny that claim, but it was hard when I'd turn around and there would be pictures of me plastered on the magazines about the party I attended.

When I turned eighteen, my mother threw me a party. She invited all types of famous people and it was fun. With me being around all those people that I used to look at in the magazines, and realizing that I was actually in one with them made me happy. And so I did get a little tipsy, I said some crazy things, but no one minded it. Except my mother.

I turn around and head back to my car. Looking at my phone, I see I have five miss calls from my mother and ten text messages saying the same thing.

GET HOME NOW!

I play my music loud and drive back to the place I call home. When I finally get tired of the radio station, I change it.

"Elliot Roberts and Dennis Marshall have called it quits." Said the speaker. "What? How do they know that already?" I arrive home and go inside. The housekeeper gives me a worried look. "What's wrong Janice?" I asked. "Mrs. Roberts wants to see you in her room." I roll my eyes. Not at Janice, but at my mother. "Okay." I leave the kitchen and climb the stairs, passing my room and entering my parents.